TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god a black car is a bitch to maintain...but damn does it look good when you're done. :drool

first you gotta wash it...

then comes the clay bar...

then the first coat of wax...

mmm...that's nice....

but why stop there? let's put another coat on!

**** beans that was a lot of work....but worth it :drool

who is that hansome devil?

some in the sun shots...

i really never want to do that again...but it looks ****ing tits now, might even throw on another coat :laugh

-:banana

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Sweet ride, we don't get that model over here. What motor do they come with, 3.0TD?, 4.0 V6 petrol?

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Awesome. Toyota puts on a nice smooth orange peel free coat of paint. It really shows in black, all waxed up.

I remember when I had a black Dodge truck. I used to wax that thing so much, it was ridiculous. I was a single man, on the prowl baby!

Now I am married with kids. The car gets washed when the dirt layer reaches approximately .1-.2mm in thickness, same as the exhaust valve lash spec on a TL :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
If only you'd put that sort of care into the old Benz :(

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I clay bared my Black 2001 Cherokee the other week, yeah, a total pain in the ass...... but looks good! plus, as Crash will remember, here in SoCal, black cars get dusty REALLy fast........... BLAH!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks awsome jensen:thumbup

So what's this clay bar stuff? I've been using boat wax/polish for my bi-anual cage clean up:laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
cool, so its basicaly a super duper paint cleaner:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
:confused From the same page

Many claim that clay bars are not abrasive but that is incorrect. They are all abrasive to a degree, some add more abrasives than others and these are usually identified as being “hot” bars. I actually removed the clear from a cars lower panel once using a “hot” bar, so be cautious!
then

Can I clay too much? Will it damage the paint?

Not if you use clays that are "non-abrasive".
Do not use a clay that contains abrasives you can feel. These clays will scratch the surface.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
that was alot of work, I remember the days when you had to wax in the shade:banghead You really cannot do all that without dressing the wheels and tires???

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
nicelly done Crash :thumbup but why dident U wax my car when U was here :rant

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whoa slow down guys...let's just be glad i haven't gone 4wheeling yet. last time my car was detailed 20 miles later i tried to fly through a river doing 40mph...mud head to toe. :laugh

-:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:lol

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
All dark colours are a pain in the ass to keep clean :yes , my ute is deville (or very dark) blue and we have a dirt road leading to our joint :dowhat , what a bitch

Doing a full rebuild on the ute at the moment though :banana and nearly at the point of painting. Always wanted 'gun metal grey' on the ute :jack ......... looking foward to how it comes out .......... will post pics of course

1 - 17 of 17 Posts