TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An early Christmas. :doug

Two sets of tyres/tires.
Dunlop D606's and a set Continental TKC80's.

Given the going rate lately on Ducati gauges this 35 year old speedometer
was a bargain of sorts.
Slowly but surely the missing GT parts i need are turning up.
(Yes i know out of 15000 members only around a dozen know they built motorcycles before 1997. :lol )

The Wet season is here in the Tropics so a set of liners were needed for my Andy Strapz panniers.
Need some good straps for luggage,hard to beat these velcro jobs from the same crowd. :thumbup
I grabbed another set (1250mm) to wrap around my panniers and racks.

My DR650 Ohlins arrived back from the agent in Victoria (3000 kms south) from having a
O-ring replaced.
They are like some TL1000 Ohlins ,no longer available so i ended up having one special ordered,then
sent from Sweden to New Zealand for custom valving, then onto me here in Australia.
Six months later it is ready to install finally. :laugh

The DR is ready for a birthday spuce up.

Nothing to see TL related,unless you want a pic of a TLS radiator (Thankks Brett)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:doug that Öhlins had to be made were I just to live :yes went past the factory on a daily basis they was searching for a new employe but I dident have the skills :banghead

nice stuff :thumbup but it looks like the red sand gets in everywere :scared

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
The reindeer must get a bit sweaty delivering in that heat :laugh :laugh Nice Christmas pressies :hail doesn't look like grips gonna be an issue with those tyres :confused

As an aside, a friend of mine (in the trade) bought an '81 registered Darmah last week .... 18k miles, 40mm del 'orto's (with 40mm heads too) and decent Conti's, otherwise all original one owner from new, all receipts, and kept garaged up until he died last year, £2k :dowhat Such a bargain :banghead :banghead and the bu**er new I was looking too, so whilst I was on the phone he fired it up to wind me up a bit more ..... :rant :rant :laugh

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:doug that Öhlins had to be made were I just to live :yes went past the factory on a daily basis they was searching for a new employe but I dident have the skills :banghead

nice stuff :thumbup but it looks like the red sand gets in everywere :scared
Lasse,they should give me a job just for the five Ohlins i have. :dowhat:laugh

The reindeer must get a bit sweaty delivering in that heat :laugh :laugh Nice Christmas pressies :hail doesn't look like grips gonna be an issue with those tyres :confused

As an aside, a friend of mine (in the trade) bought an '81 registered Darmah last week .... 18k miles, 40mm del 'orto's (with 40mm heads too) and decent Conti's, otherwise all original one owner from new, all receipts, and kept garaged up until he died last year, £2k :dowhat Such a bargain :banghead :banghead and the bu**er new I was looking too, so whilst I was on the phone he fired it up to wind me up a bit more ..... :rant :rant :laugh
Moose,i still need to find an set of no longer available Conti's and they were over $1000 per pair when you could get them.:dowhat
That Darmah sounds like a great score,rare to find a low mile one owner bike these days.
My own Nov built 81 Darmah cost $8000 in 83 with around 11k (6000 miles) on the clock,you could buy a three bedroom house for a bit over 40k then. :laugh
Good luck with the search but there will be a few lemons out there by now.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That Ohlins looks sweet! :hail

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
You must have been a good boy, because Santa sent you some tasty items :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
The Ohlins has done a bunch of miles, must be due for a rebuild.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
over here they call it "bull dust" and it can look like a solid road but when you hit it its like deep water!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
What I find really odd is that ohlins discontinued a shock for a bike that's still in production:dowhat

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
maybe sales for that particular model shock weren't enough to justify continuing production :O

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a picture of the GT for us to see. Please. :)
This is all i have.
I will start again when i get home in a year or so.

maybe sales for that particular model shock weren't enough to justify continuing production :O
I think the problem here is even when the Ohlins was available off the shelf it was around 20% of the value of a new bike,this one is close to 25% :laugh.
It will pay for itself,2010 may be the US or ride to London.

You would have thought plenty would have been sold for the TLS but they to are only what is in stock,no more to be made.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
is that an artistic shot thru the rear of a darmah?

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is that an artistic shot thru the rear of a darmah?
:laugh Pretty much,it was cropped pic and that was the camera's focus spot.

The Darmah needs repainting from the last time i sent it down the road (lock to lock tank slapper on a wet back road as i hooked third)

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You must have been a good boy, because Santa sent you some tasty items :laugh
Its not over yet,these parts should turn up this week and my Corbin seat will be close to,its not over till Santa sings :laugh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0311031776&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0311023422&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=

Do you have a picture of the GT for us to see. Please. :)
:hail How did i miss 73 GT in your bike list. :thumbup :thumbup

·
Registered
180 Posts
The GT is looking good. It looks like you are doing a very nice restoration. It is at a similar stage to mine. I hope to have it on the road next summer.

If you are looking for parts and you are in Auz right now there is a guy about an hour outside of Sydney with a shop called Road and Race and he has lots of old Duc parts. His name is Phil and he is excellent to deal with. You've probably heard or dealt with him already, but if you haven't he is an excellent resource.

When you get back keep us up to date on progress on the GT.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The GT is looking good. It looks like you are doing a very nice restoration. It is at a similar stage to mine. I hope to have it on the road next summer.

If you are looking for parts and you are in Auz right now there is a guy about an hour outside of Sydney with a shop called Road and Race and he has lots of old Duc parts. His name is Phil and he is excellent to deal with. You've probably heard or dealt with him already, but if you haven't he is an excellent resource.

When you get back keep us up to date on progress on the GT.
I have seen their website but not shopped there.
Fwiw..Ian Falloon has been selling a lot of his major collection of rare parts on Ebay so is worth watching.
I picked up a set of NOS GT fork lowers and some square case parts off him.

Santa came again,Kawasaki H2B coils and leads and a close to mint as possible rear undertray.

The DR650 Corbin to so it got a two day strip down and complete going over.

Before

After and prepped for 2009.
It came as no surprise the rear linkage bearings were under lubed just like the TL's.

Enjoy this years riding. :thumbup :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looking great Les:hail

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
It's not always good when the fat lady sings.

Have you spoken to them yet, will they replace it?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts