TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mammoth chrome plated moose. Yes, it is for sale. I'm sure the HOA would love to see that planted on my front lawn :laugh

Beautiful weather here today, in the upper 50's. I am on vacation at the moment too. How convenient :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
That where he went! His leash broke this morning an I've been looking for him everywhere. You know we Canadians each have our own pet moose. :laugh

Tim

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
how did you not buy that? :laugh

-:banana
:stupid It would be worth it just to bother the HOA folks. I'm sure they don't (yet) have a clause about chrome moose:laugh

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
....... You know we Canadians each have our own pet moose. :laugh

Tim
:dowhat Steady on there old chap :rant :laugh

That is awesome. How much were they asking for it, and how much do you think shipping might be :devious I've got a nice front lawn that'd look great on :)

You can never have too much Moose :laugh :laugh

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen this sort of thing before, but never on this magnitude :lol

They tend not to age well. Rust starts around all the seams and eventually they tend to turn orange. Hmm. A large orange rusty moose in the front yard. Perfect! :devious

·
Registered
319 Posts
where did you come across that? :confused

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
I have seen this sort of thing before, but never on this magnitude :lol

They tend not to age well. Rust starts around all the seams and eventually they tend to turn orange. Hmm. A large orange rusty moose in the front yard. Perfect! :devious

You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't buy that. :laugh

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where did you come across that?
Not far from me - Franktown Colorado. It is on the gateway to the great nowhere, where roads like this beckon. I prefer the canyons and curves, but it is wintertime so the mountain roads are out of the equation. Sometimes it is just fun to run it out the limiter and keep her there for a spell, traveling at speeds suitable for large aircraft leaving the runway. Serious literbike country where more power is good. :devious

In any case, it is just good to bundle up and go for a ride in February :)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Huh...I go for lots of rides in February. December and January too. :D

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See ya up this way in August. It can still get chilly up on top of the hill that time of year. Nature's air conditioning :lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Jasen, you should head up to Craig's for an extended weekend. Some great riding on and off road (I'm sure craig could find a lonely CR if he looked:rolleyes). DFW to Denver is doable in a day:deal

Take this route for a bit more fun and/or your iba stamp (I've never filed for one, but some people like the sticker:O )
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=dallas&daddr=US-287+N+to:US-285+to:38.134557,-106.00708+to:denver&hl=en&geocode=;FdAYBgIdRKIf-g;FQQLKwIdQhmw-Q;;&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=3&sz=7&via=1,2,3&sll=37.535866,-103.07373&sspn=6.828431,9.821777&ie=UTF8&ll=36.75649,-101.832275&spn=6.898993,9.821777&z=7

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I could make it in a day 24 hours, The problem is I would not want to come back. :lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That'd be extremely hard to do in 24hrs by land. Possible, but very hard you'd have to speed a lot and not stop much if at all :laugh its an easy 2-day trip from your place though.

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya DFW to Parker CO is doable in a day. I did Houston to Parker in a day. That was a bit of a stretch though. My employer would have had a heart attack if they knew I cannonball ran the company Camry that way. I took the next day off and submitted a non existent hotel bill to make the deception complete. They thought I was still driving. Call me a bad man. You do what you gotta do. Two beers after getting home, I felt like a new man. Amazing how beer calms the twitchy eyeballs and cures travel fatigue :lol

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I've done the Dallas to Denver in a day thing several times now. Almost have to go through Denver to go skiing from Dallas. Usually go all the way through to Dillon. However, now that I have the hookup in Crested Butte, I don't go through Denver anymore. I'm still waiting for the Dallas to Denver highway to be built. I reckon you could do the drive in a little over 8 hours without too much speeding. Too bad I don't think it's ever going to happen, just a personal pipe dream of mine.

I've certainly given the extended weekend thing a thought. Too much going on right now to consider such an option...but maybe next year. Who knows. :D There's a group going to Colorado from the Two Wheel Texans site in June and I'm dying to go. But I think I'd rather a Duken trip. Get some on and off road fun in. :D

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be dirt cheap too, free lodging at the DukeHotel. BP can vouch for the accommodations in my basement. They are pretty good :D

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
It is very nice! The DukeBasement is considerably larger and better equipped than my apartment in Cambridge I think:laugh

1 - 20 of 48 Posts