24,892 Posts
Love the Samurai!

Now you just need a RMZ-4 for bike-hauling duties:deal

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
nice! :thumbup

wanna do a bit more to the samurai ? :devious

One of my customers is Suzisport here in oz. freights worldwide.

www.suzisport.com

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the Samurai!

Now you just need a RMZ-4 for bike-hauling duties:deal
My dirt days are limited with a titanium beam in my lower left knee/leg!!!

nice! :thumbup

wanna do a bit more to the samurai ? :devious

One of my customers is Suzisport here in oz. freights worldwide.

www.suzisport.com
My samurai is pretty much done! New everything since Dec. when i bought it!

New Trail tough Wrangler Spring kit

New Rubicon express leafs

New Wheels & Tires (Interco Super Swamper's 34x10.50x15, Bart steel wheels 15x8

Petroworks Poly Fuel tank & skid (16g)

New Seats & Harness's (Summit Seats, DJ Safety harness)

T-maxx winch Lightforce Stryker 140

140 amp GM alt.

LED Stop/Tail/Turn & reverse lights

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Designed my bumpers in Turbo cad then had a local fab shop build them

Optima battery & Remy mount

New rear part of the cage, Hi Lift jack mount

Spare tire mount

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I was looking at the Samurai thinking looks funky for a pose wagon, but pointless off-road with such a narrow track/short wheelbase/high C of G still stuck with the cart springs - such limited axle dislocation will make it tip over going over a kerb and at least you'll be thankfull for the cage and seats :jack ...... then I had a closer look and saw it only seems to have half a spring at each corner ....... then I saw this dislocation shots :dowhat ...... How dat work :confused

Cool little truck now I've seen a bit more :devious :thumbup

As a comparitor for the stock samurai (SJ410) ..... my friends mum had one. When we were building my mates house, she showed up and drove down the dirt/gravel slope onto the building plot. When she came to leave she couldn't get out - because the thing was so light she just couldn't get traction up the slope ...... even though my Jensen Interceptor (with all of about 3" ground clearance) got in and out quite happily and had to tow her out in the end :dowhat :confused :laugh

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Nice :laugh see a lot of the Suzuki Jimny (as they're called here) all jacked up like that ... much cleaner mind - doubt they ever see dirt "It's just for the look" ... looks like my Tamiya Clodbuster :lol

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking at the Samurai thinking looks funky for a pose wagon, but pointless off-road with such a narrow track/short wheelbase/high C of G still stuck with the cart springs - such limited axle dislocation will make it tip over going over a kerb and at least you'll be thankfull for the cage and seats :jack ...... then I had a closer look and saw it only seems to have half a spring at each corner ....... then I saw this dislocation shots :dowhat ...... How dat work :confused

Cool little truck now I've seen a bit more :devious :thumbup
My Samurai has a Trail Tough Suspension kit on it, with what they call missing links, uses longer Jeep wrangler Leaf springs and capable of 38" of articulation at the front & rear axle. The missing links stay put pretty much all the time until it needs more articulation(when the springs gets pulled down it needs to get shorter to keep flexing) the links allow for the spring to go from 39" long to about 33" when fully flexed! As you can see from the pix my truck is not about to tip over, in fact stay's quite level when the suspension is twisted up!

Nice :laugh see a lot of the Suzuki Jimny (as they're called here) all jacked up like that ... much cleaner mind - doubt they ever see dirt "It's just for the look" ... looks like my Tamiya Clodbuster :lol
I've seen tons of Jimny's in Tokyo all done up with chrome this and that, lifted like mine and clean as a whistle!! Not mine, it's always dirty, built it to go to the hills & rocks!

Next to a friends toyota 4runner

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
damn you sure tested that samurai :hail nice parts too :yes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts