TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
That be the bodywork
I sold it to the guy you bought it from.
It made for a nice conversation piece in the house :)

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
What kind of track record did those bikes have or were they only racing in AMA. :O

The pictures of parts getting trashed as tax right off's are no surprise,that applied to near all stock. (except for what managed to slip out the back door)
At least the Italians have compassion when it comes to racing :thumbup

There would be very few people on the planet who could actually run a bike like that now based on $$$$ and hard parts to enable race spec rpm's.The hour meter would spiral with every gearshift in the 5 figure zone.
Sadly most old race bikes end up as relics with multiple coats of tyre black on their perishing slicks.
The ones that could turn a wheel in anger end up in glass cases owned by
speculators it seems.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
cool thread :hail

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Jeez you're waxing philosophical and lyrical today Les ... you bought a new dictionary or thesaurus or something? :laugh

·
Registered
238 Posts
The bodywork for bike 14 is on gixxer160's race tlr which is the bike I work on. I bought the body originally on ebay. It is carbon kevlar and the shape is different from stock body work just enough that it has quite different airflow around the upper section. I had it on my street bike for a while and when I put the stock bodywork back on very different in wind buffetting on the freeway.
Did´nt you buy Larry Pegrams alu kit fueltank from me?

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Wonder where they are today...

Besides the wheels, suspension, braking, and major engine components its the same bike as mine :O

:laugh

except for the swingarm I guess :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...damn those pipes are long/high:thumbup

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The race cans being 3 inches longer helps contribute to that.
So 3 inches longer than the "road" race set? But it's only the wheelie pic that they look longer, the other 2 look kinda normal

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
So 3 inches longer than the "road" race set? But it's only the wheelie pic that they look longer, the other 2 look kinda normal

The full Ti system in the front is from the catalog, the full Ti system in the rear is a Kit part. Both have 21" cans. All of the other normal catalog systems have 18" cans.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I got an article in .pdf format about the Yosh TLR's ... I assume everyone else has it too ...
Can you put this up mate, i havnt seen it yet.
Cool thread guys
So anyone got results for these bikes

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Crevier had a couple decent finishes, but overall nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I likeah, me want to make sexytime explosion on dee yoshi tlr's.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It looks like they're running the TLS or custom swing arm on those bikes too.. I don't see the extra brace the stock TLR has...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts