TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am getting some inspiration to work on the TL-1000S again.

I currently have a Full Yoshimura System with some Stainless Cans. The cans are kinda rough. I always loved loved the RS-3 Carbon Fiber Cans. Here is my thought. I was thinking about buying NEW Yoshimura TLR Carbon Fiber Bolt-On's and taking the Bolt-On inlets off and installing my current full system inlets on. I really think the sleeves and cans are the same from the bolt-ons to the full system.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

· Super Moderator
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,784 Posts
I agree with you!! But the badge says Stainless...........weird.
The Full Yosh systems were offered with stainless steel or optional Titanium can sleeves. However, the badge says "STAINLESS" because the pipework (headers and mid-pipes) were stainless steel - not titanium.

The badge on the Full Titanium System says "TITANIUM" to set it apart from a stainless system with only Ti cans.

Do you think the bolt-on cans and the slip-on cans are the same?
Yes, the cans should be the same, but it would be good to verify that with Yoshimura, at Yoshimura R&D

Also, as of two years ago, Yoshimura was still offering the "slip-on" inlets for the RS-3s that could be purchased separately. I also purchased Ti sleeves separately, but I don't know if the carbon fiber sleeve was available.
Give Yosh a call....they don't show all the part options on the website.

· Registered
TL1000R 1998 Full Yoshimura RS3
31 Posts
I agree with you!! But the badge says Stainless...........weird.

Do you think the bolt-on cans and the slip on cans are the same?

Hi Rder414,
Yes! The bolt-on and slip-on cans same(only the mounting side not).
But, You can change only the can sleeve. I think this is cheapest solution because buy 2 new cans.
Light Product Font Screenshot Household hardware

Font Poster Art Rectangle Advertising

· Registered
21 Posts
Hey all,

I am getting some inspiration to work on the TL-1000S again.

I currently have a Full Yoshimura System with some Stainless Cans. The cans are kinda rough. I always loved loved the RS-3 Carbon Fiber Cans. Here is my thought. I was thinking about buying NEW Yoshimura TLR Carbon Fiber Bolt-On's and taking the Bolt-On inlets off and installing my current full system inlets on. I really think the sleeves and cans are the same from the bolt-ons to the full system.

View attachment 66433
where did you get the motor fairing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts