TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to avoid spending $300 on a PC3 and was told I could have the FI adjusted with this method to smooth out some of the hiccups the stock FI has.

The dealer says it uses an O2 analyzer with Yosh box and can probably clean up the FI in 1.5hrs. They also have a dyno, but she said they don't always have to use it. The bike has Yosh slipons, but that is it.

Seems like it would be worth a try. And what about the argument that having
a PC3 is like having 2 ECU's comminicating with each other rather than reprogramming the stock ECU. Granted the PC3 sounds like it microtunes the whole rev range where the box takes only chunks. 00TLS

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Ive my own Yosh box which i managed to rid my S of the stumbles at 3-4000 rpm with,mines only bolt ons and aftermarket air filter.At the same time i fitted a Tre and the thing goes well,definately better than before i did it anyway.Probably only an hours work at the most.Theres no doubt the PC3 etc is finer adjustment but hey,i doubt i would notice,the other thing is if the PC crashes then your stuck,very easy to zero the settings etc with a Yosh box,so simple even i can do it.lol.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Fwiw theres instructions on here to build a Mac or Mack :confusedbox which is basically xactly the same thing as a Yosh box.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
:no
Mines a TLS chuck can't do TLS's yet, anyway I want to do my own.

Mines already been done +15% Low end. I want to zero it now.

Which map does it alter when you adjust the settings (never thought about it)?
does it alter the hot map, cold map or both?

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Where? can you give me a link?
:confusedBeen looking Chris but cant find it:Oam sure there was some building something called a Mak box,maybe my old brains finally given up:coocoo:laughmight pm Steve as he will probably know,he was doing something with the workings of a Yosh box.Sorry mate didnt mean to put you wrong.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
No worries Mike, I know what your referring to. I hav eread through it. I would be able to build one. :no
If it has wires I'm screwed :banghead I'm allergic to anything with electricity in it. I come out in a cold sweat, and as a rule what ever it is usually breaks. :laugh

I'll stick to buying one. You should have given yours a passport and an odometer :thumbup

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
No worries Mike, I know what your referring to. I hav eread through it. I would be able to build one. :no
If it has wires I'm screwed :banghead I'm allergic to anything with electricity in it. I come out in a cold sweat, and as a rule what ever it is usually breaks. :laugh

I'll stick to buying one. You should have given yours a passport and an odometer :thumbup
Mines in Aussie somewhere:confusedIf you can find out whos got it your welcome to have it sent up to you.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Thought you had it :lol (go look :laugh)
:dowhatWent out to the shed and had a look:O:confused,can vaugely remember posting a thread ages ago wondering who had it and thought someone replied that it was still in Aussie.Will go back and have a look when i get some time.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If you watch long enough, you'll find a used one cheaper than $120. You can probably find a PC II cheaper, too.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I've got mikes box but he knows that by now :hail to the man

Which map does it alter when you adjust the settings (never thought about it)?
does it alter the hot map, cold map or both?
it does two things . it adjusts the idle mixture ( for each cylinder)

it alters the look up table....the ecu has one map (hot run) which it references against a look up table of adjustments. it alters the look up table.

a PC11 replaces the look up table with itself

a pc111 interupts the output and changes things that way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts