TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is generated from another thread regarding our cold blooded TLr/s and how they run better in the cold air temps than the hot air temps.

I am wondering what the most common map (Yosh box) settings are on everyones bike. I know my bike is mapped at 10/10/05 but can't remember the advance. Judging from the cold (being more dense) air vs. hot air references elsewhere I think I have my mapping set backwards. I think it should be 5/5/10 because at the higher rpms we are usually increasing speed and air box pressure.

What do you guys think about this?
Who has remapped with the Yosh box and completed dino runs; and what are your mapp setting and dino results?

Thank you in advance

:bwtiller :cheers

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Really depends on the mods your bike has, even what kind of aftermarket exhaust you are running. Ttls/r happens to have a TLR engine in his TLS & we remapped it early this Summer. Not quite sure where we set it at but I am sure FWIW - I live Northwest of you, some 40 miles or so away & just so happen to have a Yosh box. Can do some remapping & playing around, etc. PM me.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Everything runs better in cold moist air ... more dense = more O2 to burn ... hence NO2 ;)

Haven't done dyno runs but I had 5/5/5 and 10:30 to get rid of the stumbles. Ran good, but then I got a PCIII & a Pipercross & now it runs much better :yes

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, gets complex with all the mods.
Kamikuza, that Yosh remap is similar to what I intend on doing how was your fuel milage?

:bwtiller :cheers

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I've got +5+5+5 and 11
Runs good, but feels a little fat on top.
I'm going to go back to 0 on the high end when summer rolls back around.
That's with full M4 and stock filter, flappers removed and aftermarket ram air tubes

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryno,
I have a full M4 system and Joe-Vs air box mod with a K&N and also have a +5up top. I am not really sure by what you mean by "fat", would you mind explaining that a bit more? I want to run this remap through my mind for a while though I know I want to reduce the low and mid, and intend to increase the top but would consider your opinion.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
DeaninLBC - it was good, I think 13.5km/l average - between 13 & 14 but I'm stuck in city driving situtation. Now, though - it's averaging at least 14.5km/l for the same work. Mileage isn't really worth worrying about though IMHO :laugh

I tried 10/10/5 for a while but found it rough & boggy around town at low rpm. Tried 5/10/5 to but for me 5/5/5 was the best. I think I even tried 5/5/0 but didn't notice a difference so figured it can't hurt & went back to 5/5/5 :laugh

I think the reason for the leaner remap up top is that the TL ECU map already is richer than below & the mods we do mean we need more down the bottom ...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
That's interesting. On my TLS I had to really richen it up after I went to a M4 full system (from a Yosh full system) & did the flapper valve removal airbox mod after I installed the M4. The "regular" mapping for a full exhaust system the instructions suggested to use was where it was set at & with the Yosh full system it worked well at those settings. Those settings felt OK to me with the M4 system & the airbox mods but the bike sat for over a year before I got it running due to some physical issues I was having. A TLS riding buddy of mine rode my bike & said it felt weak so I richened it up & it definitely ran stronger. TLR's are definitely different but that M4 full exhaust system really flows well compared to the stocker or a Yosh full system is my experience. You can always play around with the settings & do the riding evaluations & switch back & forth to see if you notice any changes.

Hey Jake, with what settings did we end up mapping your bike at?

:confused

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Everything runs better in cold moist air ... more dense = more O2 to burn ... hence NO2 ;)

Haven't done dyno runs but I had 5/5/5 and 10:30 to get rid of the stumbles. Ran good, but then I got a PCIII & a Pipercross & now it runs much better :yes
Actually engines will run stronger in Cool DRY air as the humidity will displace oxygen and make the air less dense .
http://www.ulpower.com/resources-isa.htm Read the last paragraph under the heading "engine performance in reality"

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
IIRC recommended settings for the TLS were pretty stingy :laugh

Pencon - ... uh? :) so what's water injection about then? :laugh

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Water injection is to prevent detonation or pre-ignition to enable higher compression in a race motor for example. I guess you didn't read the article I posted.On the other hand maybe the aviation world is un-informed and should consult you:laugh here's the quote from the site I posted -Quote-"Although ISA specifies that the air is dry (0% humidity) this is never the case. Because of the relatively small effect the relative humidity has on the air density, we won't discuss it any further. Just keep in mind that the power will decrease slightly the more humid it gets. "

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I guess you didn't read the article I posted.

Yes hence the '...uh?' Ok cool dry air ... must be just the fact that I dont like riding in the rain that makes the bike seem more powerful :laugh

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Ryno,
I have a full M4 system and Joe-Vs air box mod with a K&N and also have a +5up top. I am not really sure by what you mean by "fat", would you mind explaining that a bit more? I want to run this remap through my mind for a while though I know I want to reduce the low and mid, and intend to increase the top but would consider your opinion.
By fat I mean rich.
Seems like it could be leaned out some up top.
I'm going to play with it in the spring. It runs good and I've just been lazy, but I'm going to try +5+5+0 and see how that feels.
I don't have access to a dyno anymore, so it's just seat of the pants type thing.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ryno,
good update.

I can't seem to locate "tls/tlr", I would like his input on this subject becuase I understand he can provide additional likes and dislike regarding the mapping.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Jake has a thread up in the "Help" forum regarding a sticky clutch. Been some back & forth in that thread over the past week or so & he has been checking it regularly. Throw up a response there & I'm pretty sure he'll see it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts