TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

I'm in the last stages of the process here. I'm gonna get a 2006 ZX10R. I like both colors. But slightly favoring the Solar Yellow(saw one the other day). Yes, I know its ultimately my choice, so people thinking of flaming with that comment can go take a hike.

here are the choices, but the yellow pic does not do justice for what it really looks like in real life:

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Its ultimately your choice:lol

T

·
0 Posts
It's almost like a burnt orange more than yellow. Probably looks different in person. I've always been a big fan of solid black bikes, but the yellow looks good. I certainly wouldn't say no to the yellow bike if the choice were mine.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
If it was me, I'd go for Black :hail

But it is your choice :laugh

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
that yellow is more like an orange that wnet completely wrong and who ever came with that shade is def color blind.. ive seen it in person and i didnt like it at all.. and YOU KNOW I LOVE YELLOW. so def go for black. but which everone u decide on mate, im soo gonna hate u cuz ur ZX can smoke my TL backwords..
goodluck and post some pics whne u bring her home

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
You'll be spotted in traffic easier with the yellow. That'll make it safer cuz the cages can't miss ya. But then neither will the cops..:cooocoo

I had a friend who had the pumpkin Honda CBR600F4 and when we'd rag on his bike he'd announce "Man, shut up, this bike steps out and gets attention!" Shortly after saying that we were sitting on the side of the road while he had discussions with Mr. Small Town Policeman. After that I'd just tell him it was getting all the wrong attention. He later wrecked it and had it fixed and painted solid black. :laugh

I like the black better.

·
Registered
871 Posts
LiononaLeash said:
Ok guys,

I'm in the last stages of the process here. I'm gonna get a 2006 ZX10R. I like both colors. But slightly favoring the Solar Yellow(saw one the other day). Yes, I know its ultimately my choice, so people thinking of flaming with that comment can go take a hike.

here are the choices, but the yellow pic does not do justice for what it really looks like in real life:

this is the only choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gixxerjasen said:
You'll be spotted in traffic easier with the yellow. That'll make it safer cuz the cages can't miss ya. But then neither will the cops..:cooocoo

I had a friend who had the pumpkin Honda CBR600F4 and when we'd rag on his bike he'd announce "Man, shut up, this bike steps out and gets attention!" Shortly after saying that we were sitting on the side of the road while he had discussions with Mr. Small Town Policeman. After that I'd just tell him it was getting all the wrong attention. He later wrecked it and had it fixed and painted solid black. :laugh

I like the black better.
Yeah Jasen,

I was thinking if I ever rash it up, a solid black, with stock stickers, then clearcoat, would be an easy fix if it ever came down to it. So, I slightly favor the yellow at the moment since I could always black it out and still look new with the right color.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
yellow!!!!

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Black... nuff said. :)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like I found a deal.

msrp is $11,199 US

looks like I can get $8720 US "out-the-door" on a Yellow one.... I'll keep you guys posted if this happens.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
LiononaLeash said:
looks like I found a deal.

msrp is $11,199 US

looks like I can get $8720 US "out-the-door" on a Yellow one.... I'll keep you guys posted if this happens.
:hail

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Davcruz said:
If I HAD to buy that ZX10 it would be in black.
If I ever rash it on the track.... yup... its going to become a nice black one.

:thumbup

hmmm... now to consider this subscriber thing... for selling ;)

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Might want to check Ebay, there was a dealer this past weekend with on around 9500 with a shipping scratch. I think I could live with a scratch if it saved me 2000+. Seems it was a northern dealer too.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TLstreak said:
Might want to check Ebay, there was a dealer this past weekend with on around 9500 with a shipping scratch. I think I could live with a scratch if it saved me 2000+. Seems it was a northern dealer too.
Thanks... umm... but I'm already well under that price. :)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...even with the price difference, I'd still go with the yellow one - black is the easy option for the "track" body work...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts