TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a helmet to complement my yellow "R". Something kind of gruesome. Easy to find in blue, red or even silver/black but not doing so well in yellow. What do others have?

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
I'm running an "Orbit" by Shoie, not gruesome, but it was the only thing I could find where the yellow in the helmet is damn near the same as the "yellow Pearl Orpent" on the 03 TLR.

Massive amount of bugs, not included.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
When I had a '97 TLS in British Racing green I found that Triumph made a color-matched helmet for one of their bikes in the same British racing green.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a HJC that has a yellow scheme to it but I got it with the bike. I do recall seeing another HJC with a yellow scheme in a motosport mag I have at the house. lemme check tomorrow and ill get you the info. As i recall, it was kinda pricey and i cannot recall if it was a gruesome one or not. another option I have not tried but looked into is a website called skullskins.net. They have some cool ones for about 30 or 40 bucks, but I dont know if I like the slip over thing. check it out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here's mine......Arai RX-7 Corsair Colin Edwards

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here's mine......Arai RX-7 Corsair Colin Edwards

i've seen Steves bike and lid...they go together very nicely.
i was a little jealous to tell the truth... :hail

·
Registered
125 Posts
i've seen Steves bike and lid...they go together very nicely.
i was a little jealous to tell the truth... :hail
Mate,stop it...I'm blushing!!!!
Get my bike back tomorrow so if you're keen for a spin,let me know.:)

·
Registered
963 Posts
hard 2 find all yellow

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like most of these, suprisingly enough I"m torn between the Akuma and the HJC. Not gruesome but both really nice lids. My son likes the Subhuman.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yeah I don't even need another helment and I think I am going to buy that one for Costco in the flat finish...did you see it's avail in gloss or flat? i am going to get one in Flat...I always liked the helmets that had the fighter pilot look lithe KBC ones they use to have with that pin up girl on them...now the one from Costco caught my eye and looks tough as sh*t....I think that yellow would match pretty good....I have a Yellow 2000 R so i know what you mean about the yellow...good luck on this and glad I could return the favor and help someone else!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're looking the Akuma fighter style helmets go to their webiste and look at the Air Force and Army version. I like all of them! Hmmm, wonder how much room is on my credit card???

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you think yellow helmets are hard to find, try looking for a one or two piece suit with yellow graphics for a reasonable price.:O:rant:confused

·
Registered
643 Posts
Mate,stop it...I'm blushing!!!!
Get my bike back tomorrow so if you're keen for a spin,let me know.:)
Pm sent regarding ride :devious

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey CrazyFamily06, the HJC you just purchased was kinda' my first choice after reading the reviews at one store. How do you like it? I tried on one and love the fit. I was wondering about airflow and noise from sealing around the visor.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
RWATFord....I really like the HJC alot....pretty good air flow...not the best but good...it is not the quietest either but for the price I have never had this good of helmet before...I have had quite a few HJC's....actually just ordered my 9 year old son a youth HJC helmet too....getting them started young....but you can not go wrong with HJC that's for sure! I also use a brand new Chatterbox XBi Bluetooth intercom with it too to listen to an Ipod with a bluetooth adaptor to listen to some tunes while riding...and I can chat with my wife while we ride too...wirelessly! But the helmet is great...buy it! i am going to buy that Army one just becuase I love the design!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts