TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After weeks of working on other peoples bikes i decided to go back to a project for me with my '04 FZ1. This Moto-GP slip on was some thing I messed with before and now it's the second prototype. It has the baffles from the stock pipe from an '82 Kaw K305. I think I got the sound I'm going for. Looking for opinions on if I'm going the right direction. General looks, shape, size. Color: Flat black, gloss black, aluminum finish? Any input?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
looks interesting. Color wise, I might go with an aluminum finish.....it might blend in a bit. The baffle insert looks a little unfinished (compared to the rest of the bike). Maybe you're still test fitting. I suggest making the baffle screws allen head bolts of the same size.

I bet it sounds great :thumbup

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
Flat black.

:dunno IMHO it only looks good in the 3rd pic. Not so good in the rest, especially the 1st & 2nd pics. :(

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'd get rid of the slash cut or roll those edges. Just thinking out loud here. It still looks too much like a truck's exhaust pipe. Smash it into an oval shape or something, but then the baffle wouldn't fit though. Hmm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the stuff you guys are tossing out there are all true. Kind of why it's drining me nuts. I've done this before. Why is this one such a pain in the ass? :banghead I have seen a few guys insert disks into those cheip tuner car exhaust tips and make mods to them, I don't know about that, kinda cheesie. But if stupid works...

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I'm thinking I'm on the wrong track with this one. Will likely toss it back on a shelf and maybe use it on another project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts