TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wtf is this?? Lol my guess is that its a coolant temp sensor? Please tell me what this is?? Also there is a plug that is in the upper rad that has a plug but wen i got the bike there wasnt anything in it??? Any ideas??

In orde the first pic is the thing that was zip tied nearby the plug on the rad the next pic is where it was connected to!

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
its an aftermarket fan switch . you can set the temp . the bulb goes in the top hose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how does it go in the top hose without leaking?? and how do i know how to set the dial?? sorry if these q's sound like i dont know squat this is my first bike ive had to do this type of work on!! but thank you!:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
The unused plug at the front is probably for the parking light in the headlight that not all markets got. (Brown wire & Black / White wire). The same harness was used for all markets, just not the same lights.

When the engine gets to the temperature you want the fans to kick in at, you turn the shaft until the fans kick in. That thermostat isn't a standard bit of kit for these bikes.

You slip the bulb in the hose, and do the clamp up, the capillary tube just runs out under the hose between the nipple. But I've only done it on larger hoses and the capillary tube didn't cause a leak. Not sure how it would go with the smaller diameter hose on the bike.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Not sure how it would go with the smaller diameter hose on the bike
they often have a triangle of rubber with a slot in it that goes over the neck and inside the hose

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok but what i ment was what is the plug for thats on the corner of the rad? its green? im guessing its where the orig fan sensor went?????

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
yes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts