TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys stupid question but what is a yoshi box:O I am looking at buying a pc3 but every thread I read on here people keep mentioning this yoshi box.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Its a box made by Yosh that re-flashes your stock computer. It can't be adjusted in as many increments or as finely as the PCII or PCIII but as it just re-flashes the ECU you don't have any extra bits hanging off the bike to break or add weight.

have fun

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
and/ or a Mak box.... or Techlusion....... some folks on here have ben known to "loan" them out, so you don't have to buy one....... not sure who is still up for doing that though.................

·
Registered
487 Posts
:stupid Yep its kind of an alternative to buying a PC I had my Tilla remapped with a yosh box to go with my mods. I'm not one to adjust or add any maps so my bike is dialed in for what I have going on and there it stays. The pc allows you to change your maps whenever you want and lives in the tail. And dont worry i too once asked WTF is a yosh box.:O

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are they cheaper ????? or better for people that don't have a clue. I will be honest I don't have a clue about mapping etc

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
If you borrow a Yosh box or similar device to "adjust" the non-volatile memory in your stock ECU, it's free. Everyone can share one. But the adjustments are only a few correction factors meant to simulate the old jet ranges tuners are comfy with. The PC has more elaborate maps, and the PC2 & PC3 also manipulate ignition timing too (my old original PowerCommander didn't).

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
If you're going to borrow one, look for a Teka box.
It's the best thing going for FI Suzukis.
It works like a Yosh box, but is much more adjustable.
The old Yosh box works fine though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts