TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
M4 made a single side setup but they are scarce. I've had mine since about 2 months after I bought my bike in 1998... Good luck on your hunt... SC

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Do you have a picture(s) of your? I have seen the two-bros and it's just more or less a Y pipe.

G

·
That is when I started to turn it into a "fighter". I don't think that I have a photo of it with the single M4 can up the side. The bike is in it's 4th changeover, more like a "fighter" each time I decide to do some basic maintenance, some parts never go back on and other brands bike parts show up. It will even have some Buell parts on it this time around, not done yet, no photos, hoping for summer to ride again... Kids and life keep getting in the way. SC

·
Registered
83 Posts
always understood big twins needing allot of Zorst due to the massive exhaust gas pulses
(ever wonder why big twins set car alarms off so easily)
hence the need for twin exhaust...........why allow system to breath better airbox big bore zorst etc to then choke all that work with single silencer
just a thought, understand the looks but need some thought to maintain efficiency
tis damn near 500cc pulse at a time not like in-line fours 250cc
good luck, plenty of tuners that could do it for you, your zorst then built to a formula to compensate
have a fun 2010

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
I have a brand new M4 SV1000 2-1 Header

Would need a little modding to the rear header and a link pipe and can making/purchasing:thumbup

Long shot but thought I'd throw it in there if you're handy with a TIG :devious

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Handy with a TIG welder?? That would be a big no! :laugh
I do like the looks of it...... IIRC you handy with a TIG welder....

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
how much modding would that pipe need sam
Not much, the SV hole in the swinger is offset rather than central like the TL, so just needs moving accross a couple of inches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts