TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy night.

WSBK & MotoGP

I'll be bouncing between Fox Sports 1 & Fox Sports 2 all evening.

I'll watch the 600's over the 125's.

MotoGP & WSBK R2 will be hard.

Poor Ben, taken out by a hurt Haga's teamate :laugh Bone head move, but just a racing incident as I saw it, just more bad luck for Spies

Not sure how the Aptilai would ave gone if Haga was fit and Ben wasn't knocked out, but it's good to see them there (except ot has to be Max :banghead).

I see Corser had his few minutes of fame too.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Superstock was a thriller, too. Where on earth did Chruschtschof find that shortcut to drive a 2.02 on a 600?? I have to ask him that because I'll be in Brno twice this season :laugh

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
C'mon Steve, we all hated Biaggi, but he has manned up in WSBK. Maybe it is because he acted like a bitch in MotoGP. So, yep, Spies got knocked down, Fabrizio was sorry, and they race another day. So we have some racing ahead, looking cool.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That's racing I guess... but you just KNOW that Fabrizio was waiting for the punches to start flying. Spies kept his head on straight considering the point in the race that Fabrizio tried that crap.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to see Haga finally win one, but I wont moan about Ben if he does. He's a talented rider and would deserve the championship. 11 wins so far and a whole bunch of poles. It's not his fault it's not more than 11 either.

That other guy has been best on day 3 times in his motoGP career :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Holy crap Xaus wrote off his bike spectacularly there.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Other than Fabrizio having a brain fart, it was an excellent weekend. I never liked Biaggi until he climbed aboard the new RSV4. I'm happy for him and Ben in the second race. Oh, let's not forget BMW in the first race too.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Other than Fabrizio having a brain fart, it was an excellent weekend. I never liked Biaggi until he climbed aboard the new RSV4. I'm happy for him and Ben in the second race. Oh, let's not forget BMW in the first race too.
Biaggi rode a MINT race... hats off to him. Those conditions were HELL too... I would have folded like tissue paper.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely made a mess of the bike.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
First of all, it sucks. I sooooo want to root for Aprilia, but I can't with that cock riding their bike around.

Second, despite taking Spies out, I'm kind of starting to dislike Fabrizio less all the time. Most riders, Biaggi included, would have first run to their bikes to see if they could get them up and get back in the race for some points. Fabrizio is in like third in the points and could use what he could get and possibly be in contention. But instead he ran to Ben to apologize. Crappy situation, stupid response careerwise, but the honorable thing to do. The sign the next day was funny as well.

A full month off and we'll have a much more healthy Haga. Again, I'm torn. I want to see Haga win a championship, but I've been watching and rooting for Spies for a while now and have to stick with him. Judging by how Haga is riding hurt, we should be in for a bang up battle for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Just got to see the 600 Superstock race on SBK.tv. That was a pretty cracking race as well...&$^*ing seven way tie for first pretty much.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
wait, you didn't like the fact Fabrizio ran over to Spies?

-:banana
No, I'm disliking him less. His cocky arrogant attitude it seemed with stunts like waving bye to Spies as he passed him early on in the season seemed to make him out to be quite the ass. I was very happy when Spies repassed him in that race and I cried when Spies ran out of gas on that last corner to let Fabrizio come flying by.

But I guess what came across as arrogant might have just been his fooling around attitude. I thought the move he put on sucked, and so did the aftermath, but it was very classy to come over and apologize. Stupid pointswise, but classy none the less.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Second, despite taking Spies out, I'm kind of starting to dislike Fabrizio less all the time. Most riders, Biaggi included, would have first run to their bikes to see if they could get them up and get back in the race for some points. Fabrizio is in like third in the points and could use what he could get and possibly be in contention. But instead he ran to Ben to apologize. Crappy situation, stupid response careerwise, but the honorable thing to do. The sign the next day was funny as well

Could have a million an one reasons why Fabrizio didn't bother checking his bike before running over to Ben. He might have already known it wasn't fit to race before you? Might have seen the branke lever take off, noticed a broken rearset - knew he couldn't get it started again if it stopped running etc, etc. :dunno

1 - 20 of 20 Posts