TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still using the same Rear Stand that I had with my Hayabusa YEARS ago.
It's a paddle lift similar to this pic here...
0000-DMP-Swingarm-Stand-Pad-Hardware---.jpg
However, with the way the swingarm is designed on the TLR, the paddle's don't really work and the bike wants to slide right off.
Has anyone found a way to use this kind of Rear Stand with the TLR? I'd rather not buy a whole new stand.
I'm willing to buy the rear spools but I can't find any attachments to replace the paddles that will fit this kind of rear stand.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind hacking the stand at all.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I had a paddle type stand,a little different to that though.
I bent the paddle so it was vertical and cut a slot to pick up the spool,works a treat.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See... that's what I've been thinking about doing. I have no idea if I have the tools necessary to bend that stout metal paddle. Any tips or tricks?
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yup 8mm
I cut the slots first so I wasn't trying to bend slotted metal
Just did it in vice with a FBH

Reactions: Troy

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
The fittings on your stand look like they are interchangeable. Does the vendor make a hook type attachment that you can buy as an accessory?

My nasty cheap old Motrax stand came with both and give that your stand looks like a better quality item I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't do alternative fittings.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the pic I found online is not my actual stand. Mine was purchased 12 years ago. The manufacturer name and logo has been long worn off. So I have no idea who made 'em and what accessories are available. I found several interchangeable accessories online but they all seem to be labeled "Out of Stock." I'd rather just buy something I can swap out. I like the paddle attachment and I've used them for many bikes over the years. But it seems the spool lift is the universal option nowadays. If I can't get the paddles to bend the right way... I'll look a little harder for something to replace them.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I cut the slots first so I wasn't trying to bend slotted metal
Just did it in vice with a FBH
Also, a little heat applied from a torch will make the job a bit easier.

My nasty cheap old Motrax stand came with both ......

Snowy, Does this mean you have upgraded from two piles of bricks and a 2X4? :laugh

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Snowy, Does this mean you have upgraded from two piles of bricks and a 2X4? :laugh
Nope. That's for when the swingarm is off and there's nothing for the paddock stand to hook on to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts