TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running a WP rear shock on a TLS? A friend tells me they are quite a bit cheaper than the Ohlins (at least in Australia). Haven't found much on the web. The WP website does list one for the TLS.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rufer, i know you got Wilbers rear shock a while ago, so where did you get it and are they still make it for TLS? i wanna get one...give me some hints

·
Registered
635 Posts
You can go straight the Wilbers site and order there. Quite a few years ago, Klaus had a group buy on shocks for the FJR1300. I ordered one from him and he was a straight shooter. I had no issues with him at all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
sounds great! thanks for the info, i will check with Klaus!
do i need to make a brakets for it to be able to mount it on ? i have TLS

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anybody running a WP rear shock on a TLS? A friend tells me they are quite a bit cheaper than the Ohlins (at least in Australia). Haven't found much on the web. The WP website does list one for the TLS.
Wilbers 641 shock works a treat on my TLR, I found a new one pretty cheap on ebay from a German seller 4 or 5 years ago.
The Australian distributor is 'Suspensions'R'us' in Melbourne, I bought some Wilbers fork springs from them recently. They should be able to help you out if you decide on a Wilbers. $1690AUD for the 641 with preload, rebound and high/low speed compression adjustment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
also wonder if i still need to keep SOAS or could have just wilbers shock? dont have much experincrs with wilbers as evryone i know has bitubo
oh and i have TLS

·
Registered
40 Posts
also wonder if i still need to keep SOAS or could have just wilbers shock? dont have much experincrs with wilbers as evryone i know has bitubo
oh and i have TLS
No, it replaces SOAS and remote rotary damper. There are plenty of shock options available, Wilbers being one. Best of luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts