TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going down 1 of my local roads today and looked in my mirror and see a CBR600R comming up behind me. Knew he was a squid when he got close, was wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Well anyway, he pulls up right behind riding my tail prett close getting me rather ill. So I think what the heck we're com€ing up on a good mile straight with no drives or side roads. We're running along at about 55mph and I drop down to 3rd and lay into her. All I can say I was running 120+ before I new it and the little CBR was many,many bike lengths back. Well lets say he never got close again and when I pulled off at a country store to turn around he pulled in beside me. He says, Hey Dude I thought that was just a Bandit :coocoo . He then asks me how I left him sitting still and how I left black marks when I changed gears.:coocoo I told him it was V-Twin power and good speed shifting along with a pissed off "Dude" for him riding my rear like an idiot. I'm still high from the rush.:devious

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
killbee said:
... He then asks me how I left him sitting still and how I left black marks when I changed gears.:coocoo...
...and then you woke up from your dream in a cold sweat:laugh...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bx-459 said:
...and then you woke up from your dream in a cold sweat:laugh...
Its called cold tires, going down hill, me tucked and leaning forward, and gearing down to 3rd. I'm sure it was only a little skid, I only felt her slip for a second. Of course I didnt let him know any diffrence.:devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Um...even at 115hp vs the 10-15 less of the 600. Not really a fair fight there. I'd bet on the TL any day of the week against pretty much any 600, unless the TL rider was retarded which I guess you aren't.

750's and 1K's, another story entirely though. 1K is likely to dust the TL (I know this from the damn track) and the 750 would be a good stand up fight I think.

Now if you want to fight a good fight, go up against one of those damn 636's. The only advantage you have is mid corner grunt. They are lighter so you have to watch entry speeds and they will damn sure match you down the straight pretty much.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
killbee said:
Knew he was a squid when he got close, was wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
This makes me a squid.Atleast i don't go beating up on 600cc bikes on straight aways:laugh

·
Registered
601 Posts
it's amazing what that extra torque does for a rear tire :rockon

I got a similar response from a buddy on an 05 gixxer600, but he's really not that experienced so it really surpised him.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
A friend of mine has a cbr600f4 which ain't much slower then my TL! Well, when he's really going for it anyway. 35mph rollon and he ain't getting far behind. Although I can do the same in 3rd and he can't pass me either :devious Just don't forget the difference in weight!

I've ridden that cbr and it feels really quick.. when you hit the upperrevs! which takes a very long time when you're used to a TL!

·
Registered
871 Posts
killbee said:
He then asks me how I left him sitting still and how I left black marks when I changed gears.:coocoo I told him it was V-Twin power and that the black marks were shit becaues I had shit my pants when I rolled the throttle that fast!!!

now this i believe !!!!!!!!!!!:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
My last track day at Buttonwillow, I went at it with a guy on a 636. We were both pretty equal skill wise - B group track riders. I had a bit of pull on him coming off corners and he pulled me a slight bit going down straights. Our corner speed was pretty equal. I could not pass him.

Sporty riding in the canyons is another story. That midrange power sure is nice to use :)

Have no illusion about it though, a well ridden late model 600 can hand us our asses on a track. :banghead

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
A well ridden 600 should keep up in the straights too. Low rpm power/tq only matters when you roll on at low rpm, a rider who can keep the little engine singing should keep up no problem. At the last dyno day I was at there were plenty of 600's that were in the 110-117hp range which is right were the liter twins were as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Duken4evr said:
Have no illusion about it though, a well ridden late model 600 can hand us our asses on a track. :banghead
Don't I know it. :laugh

But the flip side of that is a well ridden anything can hand anything else its ass too. :devious

·
Registered
871 Posts
996TLR said:

But the flip side of that is a well ridden anything can hand anything else its ass too. :devious
:stupid

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
996TLR said:

Wasn't there a racer track instructor that would come out at the last session of the day and whoop everybodies asses with a goldwing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts