TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just had the pleasure of passing four of them in about 15 minutes time. :banana

Thursday night I was chillin at the computer and doubled over like I'd been stabbed in the side. I've been there before so I knew it was a stone coming. I popped a vicodin and a muscle relaxer and prepared to cry like a little girl for the rest of the night. luckily it only took about an hour to get from the kidney to the bladder which is usually the worse part of the adventure.

I always try to save all the evidence from start to finish for the doctor so I started collecting everything that came out. I've bled in the past but never like this, I literally have bottles of what resembles pure blood. As for the stones I only passed small particles like grains of sand and then got the dreaded blocked pipe effect after drinking 4 bottles of water.:banghead

Fast forward to about 30 minutes ago and my wee willy turned into a pellet gun and I passed 4 stones of varying sizes. Nothing like being able to pee again to give you whole new outlook on the rest of your weekend. :laugh

If you've ever passed a stone you know what I mean, if you haven't then pray that you never will because women who have equate it to the close equivalent of child birth.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Look at the bright side, Ed. They are cheaper to raise than kids. :dowhat:laugh

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Oh eep :thumbdown
... I had a stone in a saliva duct once - doctor tried to squeeze it out before he cut the opening under a local. Ow! It was about the size of a popcorn kernel :dowhat

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Sounds worse than Mrs. Duke's child birthing process. The woman squeezed em out no problem. Her Gyno told her she is a breeder :lol

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL. Women make us Men look pretty weak sometimes.

I've birthed about 50 of them since 1998 so I'm kind of used to it but every now and then you get one that makes you want to just die. This is the first time where I had them get stuck on their way out. Just think of having a piece of glass in your foot and magnify it more than a few times. :puke

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
not what i want to hear :laugh i have them and have been told that its only a matter of time before they pass. do you get much warning? ide hate to be out and about when they decide they want to head for the exit.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,859 Posts
I've got sore kidney's just reading this. :crazy

Not knowing if I'll have to ever pass any doesn't help much either.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,859 Posts
Oh eep :thumbdown
... I had a stone in a saliva duct once - doctor tried to squeeze it out before he cut the opening under a local. Ow! It was about the size of a popcorn kernel :dowhat
Having stones in the mouth isn't anything to do with the term 'dickhead' is it? :laugh

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not what i want to hear :laugh i have them and have been told that its only a matter of time before they pass. do you get much warning? ide hate to be out and about when they decide they want to head for the exit.
Tom, sometimes you will get a little lower back pain before hand as a warning on the small ones. The larger one's unfortunately pretty much just come out of nowhere and kick your ass.

The good news is the serious pain only lasts while they arepassing from the Kidney to the Bladder.
That could last a few minutes up to several excruciating hours.
After that its uncomfortable but not too painful as they go the rest of the way out. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a kidney stone 11 years ago..it was the most excruciating thing I have ever done. My wife and I were staying over at her parents house. I woke up having to pee, so I used the restroom and came back to bed. I tried to get comfortable and couldn't..it felt like my lower back was being twisted. I even tried soaking in a hot bath, hoping that if it was just my lower back muscles, it would relax them. No dice. I told my wife that we needed to go to the hospital..that was the longest 20 minute car ride ever. I described my symptoms to the doctor as best I could, and put the pain I was in at 15 on the scale from 1 to 10. I pissed in a cup, he verified that I did indeed have a stone, and put me on a morphine drip. Ahhhhhhhh..I fell into a morphine induced sleep, and it was awesome. When I came to, the doctor told me what to do and gave me some Vicodin. I never saw the item that gave me so much pain, but my God..it put me through hell for a couple hours.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Now this is the kind of thread I like to read on a Sunday morning just after breakfast :)

Not :banghead

So it's a diet-thing :O

G

·
magnesium intake related to calsium intake should be in balance, usually people use lot of dairy products and get lot of calsium, but not much magnesium.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts