TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WooHoo - just picked up 2003 SV650S for the Mrs this afternoon.
Managed to jump on it within minutes of it being posted on local Craigs list. Just lucky timing.

Only 4600 miles & pretty much pristine - fairly OEM except for Racetech fork emulators & GSXR rear shock, good both upgrades (although a GSXR front end may be in its future).
This bike has been babied - its is genuinely showroom quality.

The Mrs wasn't sure about the colour at first (I love it!) - then when she saw it in the flesh, "It matches my phone!!" :laugh

She's all signed up for her MSF class - it is going to be great to be able to ride together without being 2-up.

Now - where's my Dremel - that rear end gotta go!!!! :devious

Here are couple of the pics off the listing.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:thumbup

perfect bike for a lady imho

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Looks good, I'm jealous as hell. A track SV650 is in my future and the entire suspension upgrade is sitting in my storage. I've got a rear gixxer shock and a Yamaha R1 front end that bolts right up to gixxer triples. :thumbup

Sounds good on getting the missus to ride. That's my intention with mine, but she's not going anywhere near a bike till after the baby is delivered in March. I figure the DRZ will be a perfect learner bike for her and a great excuse for me to pick something new up. :D

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
congrats, I love mine

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,419 Posts
Nice find Ken :thumbup

·
Registered
963 Posts
nice color

·
Registered
538 Posts
:)it is a nice colour, very new looking. :)

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
congrats, I love mine
me too :thumbup

congrats ken. you are going to love your new bike :)

edit: i know you just bought a bike and all but i have to say, do yourself a favor and throw some new pilots on
there before you buy another thing. they will transform the handling and your shoes look pretty tired :dowhat

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
m..... do yourself a favor and throw some new pilots on there before you buy another thing.... they will transform the handling and your shoes look pretty tired ...
Appreciated - I already run Pilot Powers on both the TL & the Daytona - but this is the Mrs bike & I don't think she'll be taxing the extremes of the tires for a while. Actually rear is brand new & the front is not that far off either. They'll do for now! :laugh

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yea, of course you'll have to take the Mrs bike out for the occasional shake down run to make sure it's still safe for her to ride, right? Yea, go get those tires. :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
nice :thumbup

·
Registered
596 Posts
me too :thumbup

congrats ken. you are going to love your new bike :)

edit: i know you just bought a bike and all but i have to say, do yourself a favor and throw some new pilots on
there before you buy another thing. they will transform the handling and your shoes look pretty tired :dowhat

Me Three!!

THey are great bikes! let the mods begin!!

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Nice I love the colour.
Welcome to TLZone!
Like the twin cans - very nice.
If I had any money left that would be nice addition.

Spent so far in the first week
'N' Triple Clamp
Rizoma Bars
Rizoma Bar Ends
Pazzo Levers (thanks SpeedKing :thumbup )
Galfer Brake Lines
Clutch Cable
Hot Bodies Undertail
GIPro Gear Indicator/TRE
Corbin Seat

Total - $1160 - :dowhat - Yikes - wish I hadn't added it up now!

Decided to go with bars for better ergonomics
a) I like em better myself :devious
b) I think better control & comfort for the newbie rider

Also went with the Corbin to get a little extra leg length - she can just flat foot with her boots on with the static sag now set for her (has Gixxer rear shock); however that little cushion of the additional inch or so from the seat will again help as a new rider and give greater confidence.

Pazzos added - again because they're cool - but moreso to give better adjustment for the smaller hands.

Gear indicator also to help her with orientation as a newbie.

Undertail? Well that's just plain bling!!! :laugh

Next additions when the bank balance recovers will be the exhaust & Gixxer front clip.
OEM front forks totally suck - even with Gold Valves & (supposedly) preload shim stack.

New photo's at the end of week with the mods

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adding up how much you spent is both a mistake and somthing that you dont tell the bank manager.
I'm keen to check out this master piece in progress, you are going to have to post some photos.
I just fitted a Double bubble screen what a diffrence, there is actuaty some protection from the wind, next i'm going to get rid of the indicators.

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Adding up how much you spent is both a mistake and something that you dont tell the bank manager....
Hah - the "bank manager" in this case is the Mrs - & it's her bike.
My secret plan is to use this to be able to spend some money on my TL :devious

Truth be told, she never asked for any of this stuff - I just want her off to the best possible start and using my own experience to think "in her shoes".
And she always gives me license to get what I need for my own bikes - knows I only do it when we have the collateral to do it.

Here's a good replication of the bars process I'm implementing - it's all bolt-on stuff.

I just realized from your profile yours is the 'big brother' to the little sister we have.
Where are you? You should add your location to your profile.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts