TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! This is nice! I loves me some motard and TL's! Thanks fella's!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks awsome doug:thumbup

Crash - doug's got the Blue TLS and the KTM at the moment, misfire has his old TLR and I don't remember who has the DR-Z, but its the same guy who used to have that blue TLS I think:lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
No, thank YOU sir. :thumbup

Just when I think I am over the TL you post a pic and I think, "DAMN that's a beautiful bike!" But, I loves me some DRZ. :bounce

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
so u went back to a tl doug? or is this more for the daughter?

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
wohoo nice move crash :thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Wait...retard zone? Isn't that where your going to put all the gixxers? :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Jasen, you could be head "retard" with the Gixxer 6! Woo Hoo!:devious

Pictures, top to bottom.

On Oct 1, 2002, the TLS was stolen, on Oct 3 2002, I bought the TLR and the TLS was recovered. The first picture is of the TLS before I vultured it and sold it. I got almost $6000.00 for her that way.

Second picture is of the TLR in late 2005, she was at her peak and I was through modding, except the motor, the dang water pump seal and clutch were nagging problems, so I traded it in on the DR-Z in October 2005.

Next we have the sweet 2005 DR-Z400SM which is still the most fun streetbike for doing twisty roads on. That picture was after the last mod, a Pro Moto Billet kick stand and it was awesome. I traded bikes with Zelig (Chris) shortly after that in July this year.

After the DR-Z is my first love, the KTM 525 SMR. I love this bike more than any other I have owned. It rocks, nothing I have ever ridden rises to the level of this puppy. It is fast, nimble and very very cool all at once. You can be a God on a SMR. Woo Hoo. Plus it took away the need for the DR-Z on the track.

Finally the TLS, it was Zelig's and he never even got the oil dirty. It is a pristine TLS. Currently it has the sliders, PCII and slip ons that Chris had. I installed a Rifleman 1/5 on there as I had one in hand. I have synched her up, adjusted the linkages and she is a good commuter. The DR-Z was slowly ruining me by cutting me in half with the seat on the ride to work, so when the trade with Chrise emerged, it was a no brainer. I rode the DR-Z the other day, and like Chris I missed her a touch, but not enough to really matter.

Currently I am searching for a good dirtbike for and old fat guy, so I can chase Jasen around in the dirt an spank him there too! :lol

So that is the saga of the list of bikes.

·
14,150 Posts
OldTLSDoug said:
Currently I am searching for a good dirtbike for and old fat guy, so I can chase Jasen around in the dirt an spank him there too! :lol
Bring it on! :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang Jasen we could get video of each other crashing! :lol

Currently negotiating with the "bank" for the WR450f.........maybe I will get lucky. You never know. :lol

·
14,150 Posts
OldTLSDoug said:
Currently negotiating with the "bank" for the WR450f.........maybe I will get lucky. You never know. :lol
Make sure your looking at used bikes. The depreciation on dirt bikes is unbelievable. Too many folks buy them, put all the good bits on and then sell them after two years. And usually for half the price of the new one when it was stock.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
use 05. great shape low useage, just may not can swing it. We are riding the Squid Squad at the TRack Sunday Jasen, Diana will make a gueat appearance as will Leonard, my buddy with theKTM 525 SX that got me into the track membership/KTM thing.:dowhat

·
14,150 Posts
Is that urine?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
This can only be good. I'm waiting for this combination by next summer;

(Thanks to Geojedi... I just really like that pic of your DRZ)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:megaphone Do it Doug, you'll totally love it. The WR is a good solid bike, but needs uncorking to run decent which should keep you entertained for an evening or two:)

I don't like the seat/tank on them either (kinda bulbous, forces you to sit futher back than I like), but YZ stuff fits:devious

Its also e-start which I don't like (another thing to break), but you might like it:)

have fun

·
14,150 Posts
BikePilot said:
Its also e-start which I don't like (another thing to break), but you might like it:)
As will his dirt pit bitch's :rotfl

1 - 20 of 20 Posts