TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performed upgrades to my 2001 TL1000R this weekend.
1. DynoJet Powercommander III USB
2. TRE
3. Airbox mod
4. Used Yosh R3 bolt ons

After completing the install the bike will only stay idle if I'm on the throttle. When I release the throttle it shuts off. Only trouble shooting done so far is change the map to zeromap and put the bike in dealer mode which was C00. I know I need to remove the PC to see if it will start. Anyone have any other suggestions. I dont see where I could have installed the powercommander wrong because it was no wiring involved. The TRE was simple as well no wiring snap in and go. Any other suggestion besides removing the Powercommander

:banghead

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Nope, try it without the PCIII.

You put all the needed vacuum lines back correctly, especally the IAPS and rail regulator lines, complete with restrictors in them?

·
Moderator,
8,227 Posts
Did you calibrate the PCIII for throttle position? The procedure is in the manual. Without doing so the PCIII may think the throttle is in a different position than it really is. That could cause problems for you.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Did you earth the PCIII to the battery and not the subframe ?

After that I would recheck the vacuum lines

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Did you calibrate the PCIII for throttle position? The procedure is in the manual. Without doing so the PCIII may think the throttle is in a different position than it really is. That could cause problems for you.

Good point Jeff.......... I installed my pc111 then uploaded/downloaded a map close enough off the Dynojet UK site before taking it for a custom map.

When they hooked it up to the system it was saying my throttle was already open (the exact percentage I can't remember :confused) so that was the 1st thing they reset.

·
Moderator,
8,227 Posts
Yep, mine was the same. Showed the throttle about 8% open when it was closed, right after the install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for all the responses they were very helpful. The problem turned out be one of the vaccum hoses on back of the airbox was off. Now the problem I have this scenario I never remove the hose in the first place. It has been sitting there unattached before I started the Airbox mod. So you know its the hose that connects to upper left corner on back of the airbox. I hope I'm making sense because I never removed that tube. The only vaccum lines remove were the ones connected to actuator. The from there I closed the T off with a piece of tube line from the actuator. The tube I connected which solved the problem was just laying on side. Dont understand why this tube matter if it wasn't attached to anything before I started.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts