TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bid and won a bike on ebay and now the seller is not willing to let me have it for the winning price,saying ebay messed up as they never put a reserve on it and he will only sell for the buy it now price which is £1000GBP more:banghead
Is there anything i can do.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sounds like his **** up report to ebay although it is a binding contract!!! His loss should be your gain!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
he had the length of the auction to stop play so why didn't he?
a reserve can be put on anything. i think he's bullshitting and forgot/wouldn't pay for it

·
Registered
251 Posts
that wasnt a tl on ebay which was buy it now for £4000 was it, the one with £17k spent on it was it.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yogi1982bear said:
that wasnt a tl on ebay which was buy it now for £4000 was it, the one with £17k spent on it was it.
Give that me a gold star:) .
said in the listing it had 170HP(Now that i would like to see) but i dont think so

He said there should have been a reserve on it but there wasnt for some reason and he say's he emailed ebay to fix it but they didnt,hence i won it for the start price,now he did have it on ebay once already WITH A RESERVE , so it's not like he doesnt know how to do it and he could have ended it anytime an relisted it WITH A RESERVE but chose not to :banghead
Now he aint gonna sell it to me for the £3k startprice(what i won it for) but said he will for £4k(the buy it now price)
So,
Can i do anything or do i have to just walk away,after all i'm in the right and he's not.
:O

·
Registered
251 Posts
He had it on there for 7 days to start with and had a start price of £3000 with a reserve, it went up to £3600 with reserve not met and ended.

It was then relisted for 1 day at £3000 no reserve and buy it now £4000.

If you ask me i think he wanted to see what he would get for it as he relisted it and would of had to have taken the reserve price off as relisting changes nothing.

Yeah 170bhp, my ass, 17k spent on it my ass too cus all he really had was dymag wheels, yoshi pipes and wavey/uprated rotors, oh oh oh wait for it, colour coded indicator mirrors lol. Not quite 17k to me.

The only reason i saw this one is because mine is on there too, orange corona one.

Hope that helps you bud. I say your in the right to pay what you won it at as its a contract.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I dont have the link but tlmonkey will have it.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yogi1982bear said:
He had it on there for 7 days to start with and had a start price of £3000 with a reserve, it went up to £3600 with reserve not met and ended.

It was then relisted for 1 day at £3000 no reserve and buy it now £4000.

If you ask me i think he wanted to see what he would get for it as he relisted it and would of had to have taken the reserve price off as relisting changes nothing.

Yeah 170bhp, my ass, 17k spent on it my ass too cus all he really had was dymag wheels, yoshi pipes and wavey/uprated rotors, oh oh oh wait for it, colour coded indicator mirrors lol. Not quite 17k to me.

The only reason i saw this one is because mine is on there too, orange corona one.

Hope that helps you bud. I say your in the right to pay what you won it at as its a contract.
Seen that and thought i recognised it,didnt some cunt knock it over a few months ago.
Anyway,
I think as far as the law goes i won it for that price and that's what i should get it for,mistake or not.
But cant see that happening unless i get a solicitor/lawyer involved,which wont be cheap i guess:O

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
sounds like a classic "bait and switch" to me. get them to fall in love with the idea, then **** 'em over

·
Registered
251 Posts
Someone done some damage to the front end some months ago yeah, looks ok now though i hope lol.

Yeah i would go through ebay first though cus thats the cheapest way. You've got your rights!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Really cannot see how ebay transactions are a "binding" contract. Anyone whom has delt with ebay management will get a very quick lesson that all they want is the listing income stream. Any dispute resolution involves the utmost least effort on ebays part, robotic email replies, convoluted interpretations of disputes etc etc.

Hard to believe you can force someone to sell to you? From my view it seems good deals happen on ebay despite the dire management at ebay. Had a laugh out here when ticket scalpers had all their sold tickets on ebay cancelled by the promotors, ebay screamed it was unfair to ebay....thats rich coming from the worst bully boys on the block.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Jota81 said:
Really cannot see how ebay transactions are a "binding" contract. Anyone whom has delt with ebay management will get a very quick lesson that all they want is the listing income stream. Any dispute resolution involves the utmost least effort on ebays part, robotic email replies, convoluted interpretations of disputes etc etc.

Hard to believe you can force someone to sell to you? From my view it seems good deals happen on ebay despite the dire management at ebay. Had a laugh out here when ticket scalpers had all their sold tickets on ebay cancelled by the promotors, ebay screamed it was unfair to ebay....thats rich coming from the worst bully boys on the block.
you are right, it's not a binding contract. ebay is just a marketing medium to advertise your product around the world. it allows you to agree on a price, pay immediatly through a "somewhat" secure source (paypal) and gives you some recourse if the seller doesn't deliver after payment. true, the owner of the TLR can just say nevermind and keep it, but he cant FORCE the buyer to pay more. he can either sell it at the agreed price or not, but he eats it on fees and reputation points, but who cares about that. you can always start over with a new profile

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mr Tucker has a good handle on the ebay situation.

Gixxstar, the negative feedback is of some use only if there something to loose, even then much to my financial loss you can get a dud deal from an "ebay" valued seller. Most of the sales i have had through ebay were great deals, great deals from the person selling that is, not ebay when deals go bad. Just start up a new ebay seller/buyer account and your away again, ebay only too happy to continue with the income stream from new accounts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ebay contracts certainly are legally binding - but, and it's a big 'but', like many such legal/civil disputes the bottom line is dictated by the efficacy of judicial process. Unfortunately, in many cases like this it is simply not practical or economical to pursue the matter. Moreover, and as pointed out by Jota81, Ebay are entirely disinterested in assisting in these matters and, in my opinion, it is high time some kind of legislation was put in place to deal with the appalling way that it treats its customers.

All you can really do is give this guy some negative feedback - of course, and regardless of being in wrong, he will neg you back out of spite so this, too, is an unsatisfactory system/root.
It is, I,m afraid, something of a sad truth that these days many people seem unable to conduct themselves with integrity and honour - we are all the worst for it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not being a solicitor, however spent 100's of hours in many different courts, the ebay transaction is an implied contract. There are no signatures or witnessed documents. There are money transactions and at best a paid for item not delivered it becomes commercial fraud or outright theft. Paying with a CC or the deaded paypal can at times be a useful tool in combating complete financial loss. Going to court with an ebay dispute would be a great exercise in throwing huge amounts of good money after bad money ebay transaction.
my 2p's worth or 2 cents across the ocean.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you notice he was selling the exact same bike on another auction that ended a day before yours? It also ended at 3,600 instead. I bet that's why he won't sell it to you for 3,000.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts