TLZone Forums banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Geeze, once you put sufficient airbox around those TBs there's hardly room for a tank. Are you going to modify the bottom of a carbon fiber or aluminum tank?

·
Registered
354 Posts
looks amazing!,, its that an take-off for a replacement swinger? , this swingarms had a few holes in them ( from the factory) which could cause the arm to start cracking, Aprilia had a recall on them.

welding the holes up would be sufficient enough to hold... just thought you should know..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
exhaust stub was turned anticlockwise to clear new position of shock and exhaust rerouted down the side turning into the middle rather than the usual center down turning to the side
still undecided on twin or single exhausts for now as i think it looks a little havy around the swinger with twin exhausts

the airbox mod is on hold right now but will be using standard tank as the airbox lid looking for between 12/16 liters in volume when i do it

yes the swing arm is the early type and will be welding up the bottom riv nut that seems to be the source of the problems with the swing arm cracking mine has no cracking whatso ever but will do it for peice of mind

more pics

·
Registered
877 Posts
It will look awesome!!!I like the exhaust like they are now.But if you want to see the nice swingarm you should do a undertail exhaust.

·
Registered
354 Posts
looks great! seems like there enough room for the exhaust and the shock isn't there??, looks awesome man! and i would keep the dual exhaust , it looks really good.. i like it.

and i had the same seat on my mind, seems like they are popular these days.. :D, mine going on this winter..

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Glad to see you're making progress

Like the way the low level cans work with the hugger . . . the half fairing looks good too.

Flattening the seat angle a bit might be an idea though, if you're planning stick on race foam? You wind up wedged aginst the tank otherwise.

Excellent work though, really interesting project :thumbup

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
got this in the post today

can you tell what it is yet:confused

just going down the garage to have a play:devious

·
Registered
354 Posts
cool!!! keep us updated!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
put rad on bike but as suspected it way too big

causing the front cylinder to push the rad out
that would give some issues with the front wheel

solution to this would be to slot the rad for the cylinder head to sit in

area to cut out

this took quite some time as it not very easy to cut
and it takes ages to hand pick the fins out

as you can see it now fits like a glove

the cores need the ends tiged where they were cut
and head wont be visible when radiator guard is installed

·
Registered
877 Posts
Great work.Finally some progress!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
right back at it

been thinking about the rear and the exhaust cans i had seemed a little fat for the rear especially if i used the two,
but it didnt look so good with just one, so as id decided that a twin should have twin exhausts,
off i went again fishing on the bay and caught these

been working on the undertray/battery box but made it in a stainless sheet
that was just a bit to thin and got some wrinkles in it might make it out of thicker ally
or just use it as a buck for carbon ?

on a side note can any one show me the orientation of the tipover sensor
cant for the life of me remember which way it goes

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im also using a RS125 GP seat unit for the new rear end my TLR, could you tell me one thing, whats the distance between the rear recessed mounts points on the seat unit itself? mine is 238-240mm seems very wide and im finding it hard to find a easy way to mount it without cutting plastic........

41 - 60 of 115 Posts