TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have tried for no less than 2 hours this morning to update my slave cylinder woes thread. For some reason my pc keeps locking out on tlzone?? Adobe flash and java script are upto date???? I was close to punching the damn thing so ive bin the better man and walked away!!!!!!

It works fine on yahoo, ebay, and all the other crap but just will not allow me to complete my thread!
When i scroll to the bottom of any tlzone page it freezes?? Norton says no virus??

Wits end good and proper am i missing sumthin here????

Help

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Yeah....................get rid of Vista!! :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah....................get rid of Vista!! :)
Haha i know its prolly time for a new computer!!! But this old things got a 320gb hard drive and 2.0gb of Ram so surely its should be capable of dealing with mild use of the internet?? Well while the misses is at home haha.

Is it really vista?? I know its whack but its bever give me a spot of trouble? I must admit its only been acting up since the site went down a few weeks back?? Is it a setting that iv gotta dial in or what??

Frustration nation!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Its not vista...

HAve you tried installing firefox?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the replies chaps, im just starting the bike at the mo so when im done ill go back on the pc and install firfox. Is that a firewall/virus detecter or is it an adobe flash type thing??

I would go for an upgrade but im only a web surfer so i dont see much point in shelling out for a new one!! But never say never hey?? Cant carry on with piece of poo!!!! I dont understand why its only the zone thats the problem though??

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do a system restore
Haha, i do keep on top of the maintenence of the computer but its dead as fook on tlzone!!!! No other site just the zone! Cant understand it at all? My lil sis is bringing up a disc she has jus paid out for called norton!! Im gonna bang that in and see what the fook is up with it!!!! How can my didy iphone be smoking the s#it outa my pc on the internet!!!

Im blaters missing sumink here!!!!

Cheers for the tip though i will retry that!! Failing all that it'll be gettin formatted or beaten to a pulp with my 60oz lump hammer!!!!

Proper got me wound up

·
Registered
598 Posts
Pain in the butt when they play up:banghead might not be all your puters fault, have noticed a few changes have been made on the zone since yesterday:O

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pain in the butt when they play up:banghead might not be all your puters fault, have noticed a few changes have been made on the zone since yesterday:O
I dunno mate, im sat here trying to update my thread got so close and tried preview post and it jus locked out again!!!!!!!!! Its took a total of 4hrs to complete fook all!!!! Im so unbelivebly angry i cant begin to tell you!!! What has happened or changed??? Its only the zone no other site whatso ever? Really cant understand whats happening?

Properly gettin pissed off pardon my language

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
firefox is another browser
if you're using internet explorer it could be an issue with that
sam started a post over on the planet about an issue he was having

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
firefox is another browser
if you're using internet explorer it could be an issue with that
sam started a post over on the planet about an issue he was having
haha cheers gaz its frustrating mate!!! when i bought this puter is was top notch, i know things move on and all that but christ surely it should be keeping with with moderate internet use??? im currently installing this norton device thingymabob, its doin a full system scan so ill see what it brings up!!!!! admittedly ive not had any protection installed for a few years so it may well be a virus!!! but windows says all is clear no problems found??????

ill keep the thread posted on my findings!!! im totes blaming the computer at present but im not ruling out the site updates!!!! purely because the problem has occured since the site went down and then re-instated with updates!! for some reason my museum piece(computer) wont keep up hahahaha

·
Registered
11,029 Posts

·
Registered
11,556 Posts

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
i once bought norton
and then i paid for another year updates

always had problems with the pc even though i was updating regular, and scanning regular

got a few phone calls one day telling me my pc had emailed a virus to them

un installed it and then downloaded
http://free.avg.com/gb-en/free-antivirus-download

the free one
it's good, it found loads of stuff the norton never picked up
best of all it's free

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys really appreciate the help and linkies etc!!!! upto now the norton device thingymabob seems to be getting it sorted, ive updated to posts during its scanning proceedure, ill keep you posted and if i continue to struggle ill use the suggested ways of repair!!!! mega guys thanks for the help...... top forum tis thisern!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Agree with Gaz/Toledo on his comments. AVG is great (used it for years) and if you want a free firewall try Comodo. Norton has always been a cpu hog and tbh one of the crappest bit of software!

If you get Firefox that will also be a bit more reliable than IE...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agree with Gaz/Toledo on his comments. AVG is great (used it for years) and if you want a free firewall try Comodo. Norton has always been a cpu hog and tbh one of the crappest bit of software!

If you get Firefox that will also be a bit more reliable than IE...

Thanks for all the replies and help!! Intalled the norton but no difference haha!! Wits end!!!

Ill have another bash tomoz!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts