TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a set of yoshi RS-3 cans and I'm thinking about the slip ons and wonder if the set that says they are for TL will also fit the 2001 TLR cause I want to get the dark finished ones kinda have a carbon fiber look on the outside also are they basically all the same?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
All TLR's take the same exhaust both aftermarket and stock. TLS and TLR stuff is different.

Do note that the cans that go with a full system are different than bolt-on's.

have fun

·
Registered
546 Posts
Don`t sue me, but I am 99.9% sure the [TLR] aftermarket slip-ons will fit all years. To my understanding, as long as you have the correct Yoshi- headers, the slip ons will work. The headers will also fit all years if I am not mistaken. [can you tell I am married to a lawyer? :) ]

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
I need to buy a set of yoshi RS-3 cans and I'm thinking about the slip ons and wonder if the set that says they are for TL will also fit the 2001 TLR cause I want to get the dark finished ones kinda have a carbon fiber look on the outside also are they basically all the same?
...do you still have the stock header on your bike?

IF you do, then you need to get bolt-on cans so they will bolt to the flange on the stock header - TLS or TLR bolt-ons will fit but if they are used there may be strap marks as the can hangers fit in slightly different locations (same for the slip on cans that fit to the full system but the pipe diameter is the same)...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do still have the stock header all I really need to replace are the cans, I was wondering if the cans on all the TLS and TLR have the same mountings cause Iliked the color offered on the site for the TLS cans but don't want to purchase the wrong ones.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:yes, the mounting flange for the TLS is the same on the TLR... and if your buying new cans there will not be any mounting strap marks to have to worry about...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts