TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
This is a mod I've been considering; I'm concerned about putting a stone through my oilcooler, then breaking my neck when the oil spills over my back tire:dowhat. I think you gotta be a paid member for "want to buy" :laugh.

:eatcorn

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I edited your post, if you want to buy, use the market place.

The cooler will fit the later TLS cases. It wont fit the '97 properly as they had a smaller flange on the case. (There's the change to the restrictor jet too).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, i do believe it will fit. But you will have to have the adapter that holds it to the case, and swap out the old one from the "s" that your filter screws onto. You will also have to make sure that you seal your oil line feeds on the case(so as they don't leak). I am also thinking that the little plug behind the filter might have to be removed(not 100%sure). maybe someone else here could be sure. FYI, i have an "s" oil cooler if you're just looking to replace a damaged one.:)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Bugger. So '98 spec onwards would work. Does this include bikes manufactured after 10/97??

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Possibly, best to measure first, buy 2nd ;)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
:laugh still out for me - mines a 4/97. Mates selling a 10/97 TL which I'm thinking (dreaming:laugh) about getting for a track bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts