TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I have a 2003 TL1000R and I changed the battery today. After the change I put in my key, turned it on and nothing. No lights, no speedometer display, no starter, nothing. A couple days ago it cranked over slowly but would not start so I shut it off and ordered a new battery. Help!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I need help. I have a 2003 TL1000R and I changed the battery today. After the change I put in my key, turned it on and nothing. No lights, no speedometer display, no starter, nothing. A couple days ago it cranked over slowly but would not start so I shut it off and ordered a new battery. Help!
Did you check any of the fuses?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I replaced them all. Then I read through 8 or 9 pages of posts and saw that the relay on top of the battery box is a common problem. Went out and pulled off the cover, popped out the 30amp fuse, and voila, it was blown, Replaced with the spare and she fired right up. I would like to thank you guys,

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes I replaced them all. Then I read through 8 or 9 pages of posts and saw that the relay on top of the battery box is a common problem. Went out and pulled off the cover, popped out the 30amp fuse, and voila, it was blown, Replaced with the spare and she fired right up. I would like to thank you guys,
Good job. ;):)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Have you done the head light cut on cranking light and charging mod's? if you haven't done so already you should do them soonest. It will help greatly with the electrical issues and problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What??

Have you done the head light cut on cranking light and charging mod's? if you haven't done so already you should do them soonest. It will help greatly with the electrical issues and problems.
I am a newbie here so I have no Idea what you are talking about

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Us lucky Europeans get a switch so we can turn the headlights off. Less current draw means easier starting obviously. For you guys there are 3 main options to deal with this.
1. Buy a set of Euro switch gear. It will cost you about $50 for someone over here to buy you a set and ship it over. Plug and play so quite easy to do.
2. Put in a lithium battery. Costs about $120 over there I believe and then you can just forget about having the lights on when you start up.
3. You stick in a relay which cuts the lights when you hit the starter button. This is not expensive but its probably the most complex and more likely to lead to reliability issues if not done well.

Option 2 is my favourite. Its easy. It will save you a couple of Kg in weight. No extra wiring needed and the difference in starting is very noticeable.

All comes down to your wallet really.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts