TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1998 tl1000r but the fairings r a lil rough i was wondering if the busa fairings would match up or b close enough and still look good , buy some off ebay for 500 or something else please help me out b much appriciated

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Hi and welcome onboard :bigfinger I don´t think it is a close fit but anything goeas if you realy wants :)

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Welcome dude :bigfinger
They won't fit I'm afraid. Well not without a lot of work and even then they may look shit.

I bought some cheap ass fairing off eBay . It looked Prety good to be fair but was a right pain in the arse to fit and I started to wonder why I bothered and didn't go for oem.

How much are you looking at spending. Can the old stuff be repaired

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I dont think it would look good at all!!!

It would be better to buy a cheap set of knock-offs from japan at least they are designed to "fit" and you won't need to fabricate new brackets.

Where are you? Fill in your info so people know where u are based, we might be able to help you sort out some spare plastics.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
:lol

At least HE agrees his TLR is VERY close match to a busa :laugh unlike all the other R owners who firmily deny ANY link to a busa :lol

Make them fit :devious.... I don't think anyone has put busa fairings on a TLR yet have they :O

:thumbup

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:laugh

·
Registered
522 Posts
Pfft. I'd get an S, but to complete the TL set =p I've always wanted the R.

Plus, I haven't seen an S on the roads here for ages. I know there's one dude who bought one a few months ago but never seen him yet. As you can tell, TLs are a rarity here.

·
Registered
522 Posts
:banghead Guess what guys? Just an hour after my last post, I just saw a 98 TLS go up for sale on the local bike forums.

68k km for about USD $6k or GBP 3.9k.
- Carbon Fibre Windscreen, rear hugger and instrument surround
- Ohlins rear shock
- Steel braided brake lines
- Barnett Springs
- Scott Stainless Steel Micronic Oil Filter
- G.P.R. Carbon Exhausts with Yoshimura headers

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae217/singhla/DSC00552.jpg

Darn pricey though, thank goodness otherwise it might tempt me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just wanna fix the fairings there cracked is there like a carbon fiber adhesive sticker type i can get in like a roll and shape it to the existing fairings bc that would look sick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts