TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Rifleman,

I'm sure you know this but I just saw you/your bike as the file photo for the TL1000R definition on Wikipedia! Cool. :cool

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob. Still new to some of the fancier tricks to this place...

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's ok. I got you covered. :laugh

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
460 Posts
Posting pics is easy. Get a photobucket account and upload your pics. Then copy and paste the image code to you post. I usually resize my pics before uploading to photobucket. I use this site http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ The 600 pixel option works best.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,859 Posts
It needs a bit of an edit:

Unlike the TL-S, the TL-R was designed to compete in the World and American Superbike Championships, although it achieved only one race win before Suzuki pulled the plug on the TL racing program, in favor of returning to the lighter GSX-R750 as its Superbike entry
Is that talking about WSBK or American Superbike? Suzuki never stopped racing the GSXR in the WSBK so didn't return to it, Suzuki didn't race the TL1000R in WSBK so it didn't score a win in WSBK. :dunno

Gobert won a race in the wet at Phillip Island on a TLR powered Bimota in the WSBK championship and that was about it.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Damn, I have to check here more often.

Yes, noticed that there was minimal data for the TLR on wiki and got really excited about adding info from a certified "tiller head"...

... came to find that there are a bunch of self apointed jackasses over at wikipedia. Which prompted me to come up with another term, "wikinazi".

First problem is that wikipedia has had, or is trying to avoid copyright issues with people using photos off the web that may be copyright material, so no photos from the Suzuik of America website, no dealership photos... you know, all the very best, perfectly lit, "bike only" pix. Pix designed to make the bike look it's absolute frickin best... can't use those.

so....

When I first went to the TLR page, there was NO PICTURE AT ALL. none. so I posted this one.

this is a highly photoshopped picture but I thought it was pretty frickin sweet and it had the TL1000R right out in the open. I took the pic, I owned all rights and I released them completely to post them on the TLR page...

In 2 days it got removed by a Wikinazi saying the pic didn't add much... as if NO PICTURE AT ALL added anything... in my book if the first number is zero and the second number 1/1,000,000,000... then the second number is INFINATLY larger then the first.

I couldn't find any good pics that were taken of just the bike, after all it's my bike, I want to be in all the pictures with it.. Until I came upon this one.

I guess the point is they just don't want people posting pix of themselves, only there is no rule or regulation that states that. so the Wikinazi just keep deleting things they don't like.

I was going to put alot of work into it, research, tons of pics, really show what a TLR can be turned into (the TL trike), some of the amazing show bikes... video of the insane sound that comes from this bike and no other...

But nooooo, they had to be dick spankers. phuck them, their loss, azz hats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts