TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
and I always assumed tanks were bullit proof....

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
WOW... I guess they need to redesign tanks for todays weapons.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Tanks has always been vulnerable from above. That's the weakest spot on any tank. The front is the strongest, mostly because it's slope, the sides are second strongest, but weakest is the top. There's only a few weapons that are able to attack a tank straight from the top, this one and I know the Swedish army have a anti-tank weapon called Bamse that launches from a grenade thrower, when up in the air it locates a tank by itself and glides down like a hawk to the top of the tank tower.

I must say this one impressed me. The power of the explosion looks like it managed to ignite the ammunition inside the tank. Not much left there... :hail

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
What I could do with one of those on my daily drive to work :devious Boom!! muppet-free roads :laugh

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I've got a powerpoint of some pics of the aftermath of this test shoot that will make tankers (like me) feel ill if someone wants to host it. It's about 2.5M.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
those are impressive... also the UHKE (Ultra High Kenetic Energy) weapons are frickin scary. I saw a vid somewhere of a Mach 21 tungston projectile passing completely through a T-88... I think you could have had 10 lined up and it would have punched through all of them.

the latest defense to this is "active" or "live" recoil. they actually drape the tank in explosive netting (or something to that effect). As the anti tank weapon approaches to with in a few feet, the explosive netting is set off and the anit tank weapon actually detonates several feet from the tank...

not supposed to really be all that fun having multipul High Explosive charges going off around you....

.... but it's better then the alternative.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
"That's a big-ass hole." wins understatement of the year.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
oh and I want ya'll to look at the right side of the frame near the end. You hear and see somehing big and heavy hit the ground just outside the camera view, you can see dirt tossed up and into the frame.

ok, what's big and heavy.... the Turret....

now go back and count the seconds from impact of the weapon.... until the turret hits the ground....

frickin amazing that much energy can be packed into an explosive charge that is man carried.

oh and not to be a total dick, but anyone else notice that the audio must have been played with... You see the explosion, and hear it at the same time. from that distance there should have been about a second and a half, to two second delay between the visual explosion, and the sound.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
The show Future Weapons did a little peice on the Javelin. Very impressive. Coolest part of it is that it is fire and forget. They launched a rocket, jumped up and ran to another piece of cover and reloaded in the time it took for the rocket to hit the target. And all hand held.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
oh and I want ya'll to look at the right side of the frame near the end. You hear and see somehing big and heavy hit the ground just outside the camera view, you can see dirt tossed up and into the frame.

ok, what's big and heavy.... the Turret....

now go back and count the seconds from impact of the weapon.... until the turret hits the ground....

frickin amazing that much energy can be packed into an explosive charge that is man carried.
As I said, I've got some great pics in a powerpoint that show this very well, somebody pony up to host it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts