TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After noticing my TLR leaning over farther than normal when on the kickstand, I decided to check it out. I was glad I did, the kickstand bolts were a few miles away from vibrating out. :O In all my years (Not that many) I’ve never had to check or tighten kickstand bolts:confused Then again I’ve never had a TLR before either.

This happened to any one else???

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
All the time :)
WHen you replace the bolts put some loctite on them to keep them in place.....

:stupid locktite is your friend my friend :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
yeah i am finding this out myself. the funnest one was when my kickstand kill switch vibrated off the bike mid hard corner at 90+ scared the shit out of me when the bike just sunddenly died like that and of course trying to keep it on the road was fun. going from a good smooth fairly hard rollon at the end of the apex to sudden full engine braking was quite interesting to say the least

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
LOCTITE BLUE. not the red... blue will let you remove it when YOU want to. :) Damn, i had better get that done to mine... never checked my stand bolts. Dooh.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Part of the regular maintenance schedule with this bike IMO is to go around with a set of wrenches & check the torque of fasteners periodically. My TLS bolts do loosen up & I really do not like using Loctite everywhere. Kickstand bolts & muffler clamp nuts & bolts are ones that seem to loosen up just a bit over time. So I go around every few months with those wrenches & check torque & it is a good time to see if any leaks or other issues have cropped up. That is one reason I like my quick release fuel tank pins. I needed to check out where my horn wires were as I pushed them back in the wiring loom several years ago when I got serious about turning that thing to a track based bike. The horn was in a bad spot IMHO given it was run regularly in very hot conditions on a track. While under the tank I did my usual look around stuff & found one of the rubber plugs that I used to seal up a throttle body spigot (smog hose) had fallen off. The bike had been running marginally worse but I thought it was probably due to the much cooler weather we are getting. Nope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts