TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some new shoes for the TLS and was thinking of switching to the PP from the Metz that I have been running. Do you like them and how much should I look to payfor a set? :confused

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Forgot how much I paid, but they are definitely a heck of a lot better than the Dunlops I kept on her before!:rant

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I'm running them myself and am quite happy with them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Me.

My 2cents is that the tire was MADE for this bike.

Can't remember the price off-hand though..Maybe $250? :O

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Oh yea, and I'm running the Pilots on my track bike. Per the advice of Mr Dobalina I'm running a Pilot Power Race on the front and a Pilot Power Street rear. He said they run them that way on the instructors bikes for the trackday company and they get good handling and good life out of the combination. I'm finding this to be very very true.

I did find out on the last trackday though that they are very susceptible to the tire pressures being equivilant. I used Zelig's cheapo pen guage and wound up with very different tire pressures and very odd handling on the track. Fixed that once I'd dug my digital one out and everything was much much better.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
ive got pilot roads on the SV and i love em...

highly recommended

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I very much like my PP's I mounted this spring. I've got 6000km's on them now and the front still looks very good. The rear is getting a bit worn in the middle, but that's probably from doing too many highway miles and too few twisties.

The bike turns well with them.
I trust these tires, which is more than I ever could say for my old Tomahawks.:pissleft The PP's especially holds way better in the wet than my old tires.

I paid somewhere around $300 for mine, but that was including shipping from the UK to Sweden. They cost like $750 here in Sweden! :banghead

I'm very happy with my PP's. :yes

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I run them all time on street, sometimes on track. Can't say I know anything better on street, but I am not very lucky with them on track.
Definitely an excellent street tyre.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I switched to these after Pirelli SuperCorsa's and have gained far more confidence from the PP's. I would recommend giving them a go. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I ran pilot sports and got 2500 miles out of them, then i switched to the p/ powers:hail after 3500 miles they are still like new. They are the 2ct compound though( duel compound) . they give great confidance wet or dry. Cost me £205 fitted to loose wheels, i deffinatly recomend them. jeff (uk gizzerman) used them on his last track day and was happy with them. On there reliese i remember colin edwards lapped a couple of seconds off his best time with them on his motogp bike, enough said:devious

·
Registered
676 Posts
I run Power Race med, with a 190-55 rear, if you have never rode on a 190-55 you got to get one, dollar for dollar the cheapest way to get the TLR to turn in. Front in med comp race is 109.00 rear 189.00. EBAY store Motosport Italia, dudes way cool, ships next day and is 10 bucks for shipping.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey Anthony,
Michelin's race support guy Dale Kieffer will be at our track day at the Cali Speedway Sat & Sun October 14th & 15th. If you are in town that weekend it would be a good place to pick up a set of Michelins. Just bring in your wheels & Dale will mount them & balance them for you as well. He ran out of Pilot Sports in the 190/55 rear that I was supposed to pick up for BX-459 a couple of weekends ago though. If you are interested & want me to make a contact for you (to make sure he holds onto a certain size tire in a particular model or compound) when I head out there way early that Saturday AM just PM me, eh.

FWIW - I have been running a whole lot of different tires at the track lately. Dunlop Qualifiers on the GSXR1000 (190/55 rear), Michelin Power Race tires in a medium soft (180/55 rear) on the TLS a couple of months ago & now they are mounted on my GSXR wheels & the last few times on the TLS I have been running Dunlop 209 GP (UK made) front matched with a Dunlop 208 GP rear (180/55). I also have a pretty good connection for some Pirelli Corsa DOT race tires - take offs. Can get sets for a pretty good price & have a decent set in the garage. Can only get them in sets but only with 190/55 rear's.

FWIW - I do like my Michelin's, but the Dunlop's are pretty good as well.

-

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I got PP's on my XT and PP 2CT's on my Gix. Had both bikes on track with them and they are awesome on road and track.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also run on MPP and payd them 220€ delivered in Belgium. ( around 250 u$ i think )
I have them shipped over from spain ( http://www.rodamoto.net )
After some minutes of warming up they stick to the tarmac like superglue ;)

Greetz from Belgium

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
my last 4 set of tyre's have been pp but ive just picked up a set of power race cheap and they are the best tyre ive ever used but they wear out fast so once there gone ill go back to the pp rear but power race front give them ago you will love them

·
Registered
400 Posts
I run the Pilot Powers myself and love them. I feel like I'm on rails, totally hooked up. I don't really ride very hard but every once in a while got to scrape a knee.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I runner Power Race Mediums.. They stick like friggin glue on a dry warm day.. But put a little water, or cold temp into the mix and watch out.. I'm gonna go with the PP next I think which will be this winter, while it's off the road for the season.. Everyone i have ever run into that runs the PP's swears up and down about them, and i have seen them in action.. I am Impressed..:hail

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Josephd14 said:
Everyone i have ever run into that runs the PP's swears up and down about them, and i have seen them in action.. I am Impressed..:hail
I can't think of anyone who doesn't like m either!

Last few days I had to ride through wet weather a couple of times and the tires are just so good in the wet. I think it was yesterday I got them to slip first time. Probably because I didn't build up brake pressure (dive). If you do that carefully it's very hard to get them to slip on a straight line!

Can't corner descent in the wet, I'm just lacking experiance.. still mpp's feel very good.

Get them & love them!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts