TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some new mirrors the other week as they had built in indicators:devious My indicators i had on were no good as they couldn't be seen vary good:banghead The only problem was the mirrors were vary small and i couldn't see nothing:rant . I decided to get a rear view camera and monitor off ebay(£55 shipped new). These are the results:devious

As you can see the picture is great and only a vary slight interfearance when the engine is running(hardly noticable) :banana .Also i can conect the camera up to my 20gig personal video recorder to record audio/video.The monitor is on velcro so i can easily remove it, also the camera is waterproof.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
looks sweet...I may have to look into that setup as well :thumbup

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...is it waterproof?...

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bx-459 said:
...is it waterproof?...
I have just edited the thread:banghead forgot to mention it. The camera is but i don't think the monitor will be. It is covered by the screen so should de ok to a limit. It is on velcro so it can easily be removed if nessesary:devious :thumbup :bwtiller

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
That is one ugly number plate you guys have there :puke

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...yeah, cause the ones for motorcycles usually go for ~$600 USD:banghead...

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cops here are pretty strict and stop you for small plates:banghead Then they check the pipes etc before you know it you end up with a big fine and points:rant

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Nice set-up. If I went that route, I would mount 2 cameras near the rear of the bike, maybe by the pegs, in order to see traffic on the side and behind the bike. Anyone know if those monitors have split screens?:O

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
nice camera. quite like the idea of that myself

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
now thats cool!!!:hail

you can watch the guy behind pick his nose when he thinks no one is watching:laugh

·
Registered
967 Posts
Aredubu said:
Nice set-up. If I went that route, I would mount 2 cameras near the rear of the bike, maybe by the pegs, in order to see traffic on the side and behind the bike. Anyone know if those monitors have split screens?:O

Hmmm... thats is a nice idea.... whos doing the leg work on the research for this one?!

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
i think that would confuse me,
been using mirriors for so long i'm used to the fact that the image is back to front, looking in the screen it will be the right way round and i'd have to get used to reading it backwards if you see what i mean:confused to work out which side vehicles behind are,or does it not work like that:O

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
tlsgazza said:
been using mirriors for so long i'm used to the fact that the image is back to front, looking in the screen it will be the right way round and i'd have to get used to reading it backwards if you see what i mean:confused to work out which side vehicles behind are,or does it not work like that:O
That's why I'm asking if there is a split screen version of the monitor. It would would eliminate the confusion...one camera near the rear of each side of the bike would give much more of a panoramic view of the sides and rear, probably show more than you can see turning your head with your helmet on.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tlsgazza said:
Forgot to mention, The image is automaticly flipped:devious :devious :devious so it looks the same as in your mirrors. If anyone else is interested the link is
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRED-COLOUR-...ryZ36798QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
He is open to offers, i offered £45 and he excepted it(£10 p&p). I will post up a report on them when i get out on it.
Found this site yesterday for any of you who are into there gadgets
http://www.chinavasion.com/index.php?currency=GBP
Vary cheap gadgets but you have to add shipping and 3% paypal charges. In some cases you could be liable for import tax aswell. e.g. a mp4 player(1gig memory) is aprox £45 all in:devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Most of the "Rear Facing Cameras" that are designed for this purpose will reverse the image, so it's like looking in a mirror. Does this one do this Paul? :O

*edit* Too Slow....:banghead

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gixxerjasen said:
Most of the "Rear Facing Cameras" that are designed for this purpose will reverse the image, so it's like looking in a mirror. Does this one do this Paul? :O

*edit* Too Slow....:banghead
Yep:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vandriver said:
Looks great, I always wanted to do that. I sill have 5 sets of mirror block offs if you are taking your mirrors off.
Need to keep the mirrors as they are now my gloryfied indicators:devious :laugh :laugh :laugh Thanks anyway:thumbup

1 - 20 of 33 Posts