TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some LED arrow signals to glue onto the mirrors and I need to figure out how to snake the wire through the mirror assembly. The wire comes out of the tip of the arrow (extreme outside edge of mirror on each side), so I need to figure out how to route the wire in the most unobtrusive manner as possible. It looks like I can drill a small hole in the bevel edge of the mirror assembly, then run the wire through the mirror assembly to the other side of the mirror assembly & through it to the underside of the fairing mount, then into the fairing. Any ideas how to get the wire from the outside edge, through the mirror assembly, and out under the mirror mount? Explicit instructions on how to disassemble the mirror assembly would be most appreciated. TIA!

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
crashing seems to be the most popular way, but I think id drill the hole and maybe take a piece of saftey wire and snake it, then hook the wire onto it and pull it through.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
I wouldnt try to take the mirror out at all.

There are already holes in the bottom, use the current hole and then id drill the other right over the area your wanting to mount the light so installation will hide what your wanting to do. Use a small wire like I said before and snake it in the holes and use it to pull the wire thru. That will put you wire under the mirror stalk and then you can route it as you need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TLstreak said:
I wouldnt try to take the mirror out at all.

There are already holes in the bottom, use the current hole and then id drill the other right over the area your wanting to mount the light so installation will hide what your wanting to do. Use a small wire like I said before and snake it in the holes and use it to pull the wire thru. That will put you wire under the mirror stalk and then you can route it as you need.
That's pretty much what I was planning to do. Just posted up here to see if there was an easier way to do it. Thanks anyway. Should be a pretty slick upgrade if I can pull it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts