TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks .. I recently bought a vandriver window clutch cover (which looks awesome) and have noticed before I warm the bike up all the way theres some white crap on the window of the clutch cover. Not a whole lot but enough to concern me. It clears up when warmed up all the way . Now is this a sign of a coolant leak into my engine oil? Or would it be from condensation from too many short trips , not warming the bike up all the way? I realize I have to change the oil right away but wondering if the problem can be cured before I do another oil change and have white crap in the oil again..

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
It's condensation. Warm the bike up good and you're all set

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid

freaked me out at first too :lol

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
never had it when the weather was warmer but now that it cools off over night noticed it on mine also i do not think i will worry about it unless it stays after engine is warm...

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The '97 also has that reed valve which pressurizes the crankcase and makes more blowby condense. Not really the best idea.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
smell it, if it smells like antifreeze or engine ice... you have a problem.

but most likely it is simply condensation mixing with the oil and emulsifying.

once things get warmed up enough, the moisture is pushed out the CRV and all is good.

what makes it worse is lots of short runs where the engine doesn't get fully up to temp.

you will always find it at the coolest part of the engine, inside the oil fill cap, or on your clear clutch cover (if you have one), worse on cold days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts