TLZone Forums banner

Which model..

525 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SergioB 
#1 ·
Is there a tl model that is considered the " one to get ' for no apparent reason .
In Bandits the first 1200 was considered the collector .
I was in a Suzuki shop today ,they had a tlr with 40,000 kls cond not bad not great condition .They wanted $9,000 (aus ) I thought it was a bit steep .

#2 ·
Tell him he's dreamin' :lol
The R's were all the same except the last ones had more clutch plates and bronze forks.
It's a bit more complicated with the S
Some rave over the early 97's,but a lot of it is myth and misunderstanding
They went from round port to rectangular ports,5 spring clutches to six and fixed a few other foibles.
They were all cursed with that asshat rear suspension setup :laugh

#4 ·
Only TL that I think will eventually be a bit dear is the '97 S. Justified or not it's got a bit of a rep. A little like the '69 Kawak H1. TLRs are all the same for all practical purposes.

#5 ·
for a few years now the uk press have been calling the tls/r classics, well it's got to be the only classic that's not reflected in the price
tls on ebay are regularly fetching £1300-£1600 and the tlr can be picked up for around the £1700 mark for a decent one
infact there's a guy on here not managed to sell a tlr for £1500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.