TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after fitting a new stainless exhaust system to my 97 TLS but I've had trouble finding a manufacturer who does them these days. I've looked at Micron, Akropovic, Yoshi and the like.
It will need to be able to take the standard cans for the MoT.
What have you got fitted and where did you get it from?

Cheers

·
Registered
722 Posts
The OEM system is stainless. You can strip the black coating and then polish it up to the level of shine you would like.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you are going to get a full system then these have to be the easiest way to attach the stock cans and pass the MOT. I need these too and the group buy looks like it is stalling due to a lack of interest, add your name! :devious

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
New TiForce systems seem to show upfrom time to time, soyou might try them but only full titanium systems; very nice. Or keep an eye on eBay.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The OEM system is stainless. You can strip the black coating and then polish it up to the level of shine you would like.

It depends what you want, bling or performance??? If it's bling, then :stupid I've stripped and polished mine, and mate, they are the dogs bollocks:laugh, IMHO they look a squillion times better than the black paint:devious.

I'd love a full system M4, but the cost is prohibitive at the mo, so I'll stick with my polished headers and 2bros oval/stainless bolt-ons:)

At least they have a skull and Stars 'n Stripes on the badge...:devious

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It depends what you want, bling or performance??? If it's bling, then :stupid I've stripped and polished mine, and mate, they are the dogs bollocks:laugh, IMHO they look a squillion times better than the black paint:devious.

I'd love a full system M4, but the cost is prohibitive at the mo, so I'll stick with my polished headers and 2bros oval/stainless bolt-ons:)

At least they have a skull and Stars 'n Stripes on the badge...:devious
:stupid I did the same and polished my standard system and changed the cans now have the full M4 system and what a difference. More power better sound and looks the dogs, also went through MOT no prob :devious

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
might have a problem getting a micron they have gone bust we bought some of there old machines at an auction :) im trying to get Quill to develop a system for the S n R at some point in Ti and stainless gota talk the man round tho :0 plenty beers needed to get him to say yes LOL we got the jigs n stuff its just the 180* swan neck thats a bastard in ti lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
So you wanna run the OEM cans all the time or just to pass the MoT? No aftermarket systems I know of accept "bolt-on" cans, they all "slip-on".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem I've got is, my pipes are leaking at the headers - not much, I don't think it would cause any damage (I'm thinking less backpressure). It looks as if a welded ring around the pipe at the point of the flange where it attaches to the cylinder head has come away.
So rather than replace them with standard 2nd hand pipes from ebay or the like, I thought I'd try and improve performance while I was at it. I run race cans most of the year only putting the stockers on for the MoT. But I haven't been able to find any headers/systems made for the TL these days!
Is the M4 system fitted with road legal cans? Or is it just not marked up with 'not for road use'? Didn't these use a single end can?
I'm surprised to hear Micron went bust! When did that happen? I always thought these were some of the best sounding cans on a 4 cyl bike.
What is this bulk buy all about?
Anyway, thanks for your comments - I need to get this sorted or I'll miss whats left of this glorious summer weather!!!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
If you want performance and save weight, get an Akrapovic system. Problem is they are quite expensive.

Greetings
Rufer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts