TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TLS w/ the TLR front brake setup. If I were to upgrade to stainless steel lines I would buy them for the R correct? Just wasn't sure if the lengths and such were different. Thanks!

T

·
0 Posts
The TLS lines should be about 1 to 2 inches shorter than the TLR lines because of the additional fork travel on the TLR's(TLS 100mm and TLR 120mm). If you have TLR forks than you may need longer lines than the stockers. I would strongly suggest better lines on any motorcycle and if you do, go ahead and get the longer 2 line setup from the TLR as it will give you a little more "routing" freedom around and down past the triples and front of the bike. Zip-ties and a little time routing will help to avoid binding and looks. Make sure you are good "lock to lock" and have someone "bounce" the suspension through it's travel to check for issues....SC

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
BTW you can also select different 'dash' sizes, and I really really liked the really skinny brake line tubing I had on my old TLS. Much better than the typical braided line. They say it's race-only and not for street, hte heck if I can tell why, it just works a lot better IMHO. The smaller cross-section "doughnut" shape just has less material to expand. Easier to bleed too, the fluid moves faster and blows any air right out.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
You can also tell a big difference between different banjo ends. The tainless ones seem very strong, and probably better than the infinitesimal weight savings with pretty-anodized aluminum ends. And I really like the swivel ends, never had any problems with 'em, and they seem to be swagged on a lot better than some of the screw-on ends you get having lines custom-made to length.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Get TLS lines. The TLS forks are longer. I had some OEM TLS & TLR lines here and the TLS lines were an inch or so longer than the TLR.

I had TLR 6 potters and 5/8" master cylinder on mine with my TLS braided lines. (Got the lines first, then later bought a complete TLR set-up and just transferred the lines over. No banjo issues etc).

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Get TLS lines. The TLS forks are longer. I had some OEM TLS & TLR lines here and the TLS lines were an inch or so longer than the TLR.

I had TLR 6 potters and 5/8" master cylinder on mine with my TLS braided lines. (Got the lines first, then later bought a complete TLR set-up and just transferred the lines over. No banjo issues etc).
I second this motion. Get TLS lines if you are using TLS forks.

Todd at Calsportbikes can help you with Galfer SS lines and he offers us a TLZone member price. Email him and ask him for a quote....let him know I referred you and that you are a TLZone member:

[email protected]

:cheers

--Sk

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Damn it...SpeedKing beat me to the shameless calsportbike Plug... yep, ditto what he said. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts