TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay the tiller has been sitting in the garage collecting dust due to weather and the fact that I just bought a new GTI... I took he out a couple times and now it seems when I try to roll on it hard around 6-7K the pull just isn't there. It fires and runs fine, it's just hard roll ons seem to bog her down. Nothing else has changed, no new tune or parts or anything altered since I parked it last.

I was thinking the fuel filter is gummed up or maybe the injectors... she sat for almost a month without fuel stabilizer.

Any thoughts??:O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Have you run a tank or two of fuel though it since sitting? Might just be the old gas. Normally, 1-month isn't long enough for fuel to gell or do anything all that nasty, but it will loose some of its umph. I'd run a couple tanks though it and if its still doing it I'd look further. A fuel filter does seem a likely suspect.

Is the clutch by chance slipping?

good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think like BikePilot, 1 month shouldn't do anything to the injectors or so. Maybe it goes away without doing anything, i had a stumble in the lower revs after the mapping on the dyno. I stumbled for days, maybe 5-6 times, but then it was gone fast as it has come.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
My bet is the fuel, where I live there is summer and winter gas and I would suspect the same for your location. Winter fuel has additives to make it vapourize easier at a lower temp than summer fuel when you get a temp drop the fuel will be too slow burning to make max power. Also in the winter sometimes you will get those really warm days for a short period before it drops again and engines are suseptible to pinging if you have the winter fuel because now it vaporizes too quickly.

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Some years of TLR had a problem with a fuel or vent line inside the tank, I think it was on the fuel pump. If the problem doesn't go away, consider this.

But my first bet is bad fuel. A friend with a Cagiva Navigator once had to drain the whole tank after getting bad fuel from an odd fuel station.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I'd throw in some Techron injector cleaner. Remember, the TLR needs that second set of injectors when it wants to make power!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts