TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my gf are going to London over a weekend in november, more precisely the 8th to the 12th of nov. Now the question - where to stay?

Been looking at hotels on the web and not too surprisingly it's pretty expensive.

Are there any London blokes here that either could suggest a price worthy hotel, or even having a spare bed for a fellow Zoner and his gf?

S

·
0 Posts
London Hotel

Everytime i'm in London I stay at the K West in Sheppards Bush, it's a great hotel and somewhere in the low to mid range as far as price goes. Plus it's where most bands stay when in town so the Bar is always jumping. Sheppards Bush is a cool little area where most of Londons aussies live.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Let's see................there's Holloway, Pentonville, and loads of other cheap b&b places to stay :devious

j/k honest!:laugh

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
If we lived near London we'd have gladly put you up but we're miles away.

If you ever feel the need to visit Manchester or Liverpool the offers there :laugh

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really know what's reasonable to expect to pay for staying at a hotel. Let's say a double room, and not too far away since we don't wanna spend our days travelling to/from central London.

Is £30-£40 too much to hope for? We're not on a really tight budget, but we'd like to spend our money on other things than flying and sleeping...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Octofinger said:
I don't really know what's reasonable to expect to pay for staying at a hotel. Let's say a double room, and not too far away since we don't wanna spend our days travelling to/from central London.

Is £30-£40 too much to hope for? We're not on a really tight budget, but we'd like to spend our money on other things than flying and sleeping...
£30/40 each is possible for decent accomodation, but probably not right in the centre. It is worth looking at a B&B in a town/village on a main trainline e.g. we live in a place called Woking (nothing to see/do here btw) that has fast trains every 5 minutes in the mornings and evenings, that go straight into Waterloo Station (central London) in about 20 minutes. During the day they run about 2/3 times an hour.

Anyone else live on a mainline running into London that knows of some good places to stay?

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Pappaclart the old tart, should be able to help, I'll text him and pm a link to this thread:thumbup

I stayed in Piccadilly once, £140 for the night....I did get some though, 4 or 5 times:devious I even primed her with a trip to the Theatre:devious

:laugh

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
tinyUK said:
they let you take pets into the theatre :dowhat :O

:laugh
:laugh :fingerlol

well I PM'd Pap's and his friggin INbox is full!:rant ....now I know how annoying it can be!:laugh

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Well octofinger, pappa tart rang me and will be checking dis thread tonight:thumbup

NOTE FOR PAPPA: READ ALL THE THREAD:yes

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bikerchris said:
Well octofinger, pappa tart rang me and will be checking dis thread tonight:thumbup
Schweet. :)

I feel £140 is a tad over my budget unfortunately...

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Octofinger said:
I feel £140 is a tad over my budget unfortunately...
:devious gets you some luvin' though! :laugh

So do you have any plans?:dunno Any particular place in london you'll be visiting?:dunno

In honesty, if you don't wanna go over the top with spending money on hotels, you might want to spend part of the time outside london, depends how much you wanna spend.

I had a quick look and for example you could stay at Astor Court (postcode: W1W 6JQ) for around £100 a night for both of you. If you go towww.multimap.com using and tap the postcode in, you'll find it's fairly central. There are thousands of hotels, so this is just an idea.

If I were of the yank persuasion and wanted to have a walk round London without loads of people around, I'd find a hotel in london that's cheaper during the week, and have a look around the place when most people are working, i.e. off the streets. Then spend friday, saturday, sunday in a hotel that's cheaper and slightly outside london. This will also give you the opportunity to sleep, something London accommodation wouldn't have provided.

If you like the coast, go South perhaps near Brighton. Or if you want some decent views and have time, go North West.

:thumbup

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be honest, I don't know much of what I want to see or visit in London. Two friends of us decided to go to London on that weekend and asked us if we'd like to join them. They're going to visit a friend of theirs. My gf got very excited, because she's been au pair there on two occations, and stayed a few months afterwards working at a few stores, so she's the one that knows what she wants from London. Not me really. :dowhat

I just thought I'd check with you guys for some info that might be hard to locate on the web.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Octofinger said:
so she's the one that knows what she wants from London. Not me really. :dowhat
:doh so taking charge in a manly way ain't you thing!:laugh

Well ask her what she wants to see and 'come on back' :thumbup

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bikerchris said:
:doh so taking charge in a manly way ain't you thing!:laugh

Well ask her what she wants to see and 'come on back' :thumbup
Ahem... I let her have her moments, and then I take charge again. :devious

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Octofinger said:
Ahem... I let her have her moments, and then I take charge again. :devious
:dowhat ...you are....:eek:wned

:lol

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
you can use the travel lodge hotels in and around central london for around £85 to £105 per room per night - thats for 2 people en-suite. You can book on-line.

For instance the Covent Garden Travel lodge will do it for a total of £105 for the room for 2 people in double bed with en-suite from 8th Nov to 12th Nov. Not the greatest of hotels but the're usually clean and tidy and at £52.50p per person per night pretty good value for central london.

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
Or you could try the Premier Travel Inn - just across the road - in York Rd - from Kings Cross station.
I have stayed here quite a few times - seems fine to me.

Hotel: London Kings Cross St Pancras

Additional information: Due to its central location, this Premier Travel Inn has parking nearby and all of its bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise.
Arrival date: 08/11/2006
Departure date: 13/11/2006
No. of nights: 5

Room type Adults Children
Double room, non-smoking 2 none
TOTAL £445.00

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Ted, dunno about you, but I've never liked Travel Lodge's, their walls are too flimsy and tend to hurt ladies backs:devious

1 - 20 of 36 Posts