TLZone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a tls about 2 months ago wrecked and i'm trying to get it back on its feet. i had it running one night, but as i was bringing it back in, the revs dropped and the bike died. i thought it was just low fuel, but i've added fuel since and still nothing. :banghead i can get it to fire maybe once or twice, and run a couple seconds longer on break cleaner. any thoughts?

here is the hose i'm talking about though, it runs from the gas tank on one end, has a t fitting that goes down around the clutch cover and is what looks like a dump hose, the other end is pictured and i dont have a clue as to where it goes.

does anyone know??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, also does anyone know if the black wire with the white line for the water temp sensor goes on the right or left, or how i can figure it out?

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
go to the vault and see if you can download the TLS manual

Be patient someone will chime in soon.

Make sure the fuse under the drivers seat is good and the connectors are clean.

Check spark plug connectors.

Simple things often over looked.

Check the tip over sensor reference manual do a search here.

Turn the kill switch on, key on, make sure bike is in neutral, pull left clutch handle in hit starter.

Check battery juice Needs to be above 12.5 IIRC to start.

Does your fuel pump prime when you engage the ignition?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deltl1ks said:
go to the vault and see if you can download the TLS manual

Be patient someone will chime in soon.

Make sure the fuse under the drivers seat is good and the connectors are clean.

Check spark plug connectors.

Simple things often over looked.

Check the tip over sensor reference manual do a search here.

Turn the kill switch on, key on, make sure bike is in neutral, pull left clutch handle in hit starter.

Check battery juice Needs to be above 12.5 IIRC to start.

Does your fuel pump prime when you engage the ignition?

i've got plenty of juice because i'm using a booster pack so i dont kill the battery. the bike will actually fire so something leads me to believe its not spark. the pump does prime, but i havent disconnected the fuel line to see if anything is coming out. any possibility the fuel filter is clogged? its a 99 with 6200 on it, but it's been wrecked into what looks like a big pile of mud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts