TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was that thread in the past about a special silicon (?) , transparent cover of the tank that helps in the track giving you some more grip while leaning the bike.
It is applied on the sides of the tank exactly where the knees press the tank to keep the body on the bike.
It is reusable as you can put it back on the tank after removal by spraying some water on it ....

I am not talking about the "stomp" (http://www.1tail.com/sa/c/StompGrip_for_Sportbikes.htm) but for something smooth and almost invisible....

What is it called and where can I find it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I dont know what its called but i put it on all my bikes and you can get it at the local hardware store. It reminds me of the stuff i sometimes see on the top of tables, like plastic table cloths. The company that started it calls them tankslappers just search for them. Seems like i dont want anything to do with tankslappers and my bike tho, kind of a bad name i think. Hope this helps. Jarl

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:yes, they were called tank slappers...SteveTLS was the last person I remember that got one here on the board...

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....
I will search for it....
Hmmmm.. but......tankslappers.... bad choice for a name :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
The tankslapper is a protector, not a grip enhancer. PM sent Gigas.

I might have been the last person here to get one :dunno But I didn't fit it. I gave it to Colin when he picked the TLS up and it was still in the envelope it came in.

Ryno had good things to say about his IIRC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts