TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My middle boy has been bugging me about how old he has to be to get a license. Well after looking it up and state laws its 14 with sum stipulations. One being under 125cc. He asked what kinda gay bike would that be and i found somthing kinda cool. Here is some picks. They are going for about 1600$.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:puke THose mirrors look ****ing awful.:puke

·
Registered
790 Posts
saw those mirrors off and it don't look half bad.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Very cool bike, 14 year olds here get nothing but their first job!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
kick start to boot!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where can I get one from? I have a 13 yr old. Last X-mas I bought him a 110cc four stroke. Its just a little bigger than a pocket bike. And he is tall so I ended up handing over my yz125 and I want it back

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mirrors or no, I would've taken one when I was 14!
:stupid

at 14 I'd given my left nut for one of those. All I got was a Royce Union 12speed at that age.

But just becareful though, I was just reading about some guy that was sentenced to many years in jail for passing off bikes that were EPA and Dot approved when they weren't.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Good price, not a bad looking bike. :thumbup

Does it have to be a 4 stroke?

No Cagiva Raptor 125's there?

Or Cagiva Mito 125's

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
:stupid

The Cagivas are better looking.

Those mirrors are :puke on the mini-Blade wannabe. :laugh And at 14, I still wouldn't have wanted one. They're ugly. :puke

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Hey Steve, we don't get either:rant

Officially we didn't get street legal two strokes over 50cc since the early-mid 1980's (perhaps earlier, I'm not really sure when they were banned). There are a few grey-market bikes floating around though.

An aprillia RS50 might be a good option - the engine can be upgraded of course, dito for a derbi 50 supermoto - my guess would be that either would out run the 125cc four stroke e-bay bikes.

Suzuki made a DR125 from just after the bronz age up to 1995.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
saw those mirrors off and it don't look half bad.
That would look aweful and be a whole lot of work. Me...I'd just unbolt them. :laugh

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
At 14 I would have love such a bike mirrors or not.

Anyways, at 14 that's a bit young I think to let the young-uns ride on the road unless you plan to be with them at all times.

·
Registered
782 Posts
come on guys the "kick azz suspension" trumps ugly mirrors any day of the week. Really if I was 14 I wouldn't mind the mirrors either.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
those are NOT mirrors. judging from there size they appear to be some sort of satellite communications array :laugh WTF were they thinking? other then that thats a hot little bike.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Anyways, at 14 that's a bit young I think to let the young-uns ride on the road unless you plan to be with them at all times.
Dead right there Del

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
At fourteen I wanted a bicycle and all I got was a snowshovel. I wouldn't mind having one of those now to ride back and fourth to work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts