TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First started learning wheelies tonight, gettin it up 2 feet no problem tryin to get the feel for it. Everytime I come down, the damn hump pops up in the back. It has been fixed a few times, the way it is now the metal is bolted to the plastic from the side and it is flexing. Any ideas on how I can strengthen the bracket so it will not be loose or rattle AT ALL?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Mate, I had the same problem with mine, what I did is add a couple of washers to the hooks side ( the bit the hump clips into ), it raised it just enough to make it a tight fit but not enough so it wouldnt catch or even release for that matter.
Its worked for me, and its been like that now for the past 18 months.
it may be worth a shot?
either that or........ by a new tail section with the hump molded into it :)
Ally

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
washers are good, and I undercut my hump latch... super positive engagement

hump latch before

and after

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rear latch is tight, what happens is it slides foward and the rear part of it pops up and over the plastic tail section. The support that runs across the hump and actually clips down to the bike is twisting, it was a shitty repair by previous owner. I will have to take some photos for you guys

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any chance fiberglass resin would hold it together a bit stiffer?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i broke mine doing wheelies. wasn't at the back fo my seat when i brought it up and i slid back in the air and busted the thing. and its not just the latch, its the plastic that broke.:rant :banghead it in FL right now and havn't had time to look at it and see how i can make it stronger but i will say that i miss seeing my bike with the hump. the seat just looks so... odd(for lack of a better word at the moment) gl on fixing your though.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Josephd14 said:
Thats why you stand up when doing wheelies, dumb asses...:bitchslap
Why would it matter if you were standing or sitting when doing wheelies? My hump pops loose from the impact of the bike landing back onto the ground. Take your assumptions else where, your rude comments arent needed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
pOrk said:
Why would it matter if you were standing or sitting when doing wheelies? My hump pops loose from the impact of the bike landing back onto the ground. Take your assumptions else where, your rude comments arent needed.

i broke mine doing wheelies. wasn't at the back fo my seat when i brought it up and i slid back in the air and busted the thing. and its not just the latch, its the plastic that broke.
Wow guess i should have read that a little more carefully:laugh ??? I guess you have not been on the zone long enough to know theres a little bit of sarcasm on here..:dowhat

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The hump is the least of your worries, if your hitting hard enough to pop hump off, Your forks should be your biggest concern, these bitches are heavy.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
:stupid
ya man if youre landing that hard you need to worry more about the front. if youre slamming down on the front, the fork seals are gonna go in short order. what you need to work on is blipping the throttle just before you set her down to minimize the impact.
My opinion on the hump is to look around for a new one. if that front bar is flexing its trash man. you can find em pretty easily for under 150. if you want it to be right, thats the route i would take. but then im picky about me bike :thumbup

·
Registered
21 Posts
My front bar was flexing too even with the metal reinforcements. I used 1 stick of JB Weld at each post and then one for the back part that slides under. It's rock hard now. Will try to get pics up when I get back in town.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
:stupid JB Weld works miracles. Like duct tape, good to keep some handy.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rifleman said:
washers are good, and I undercut my hump latch... super positive engagement

hump latch before

and after

:thumbup

·
Registered
600 Posts
voodootwin said:
:stupid JB Weld works miracles. Like duct tape, good to keep some handy.
You need to lern how to land, not just getting air born big fella.:laugh :laugh

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been doin them for about 14 minutes, I need to learn both. But I am not comming down that hard, the first time it popped off was when I hit a pothole, the cover BARELY stays on as it is. Hard to explain, the bracket is pretty thrashed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts