TLZone Forums banner

Wheelies and TLR's

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  N20zuki 
#1 ·
Well I am looking to get out of the I4 and into a V-twin, Now I know the risks and dangers that are there for doing wheelies and I know these bike are wheelie machines. But I know with the GSXR's they have oiling issues while riding prolonged sitdowns and standups. Every now and again will ride a mile or two on a stand up and if I get the urge on the TL do I have to worry about oil starvation?

#2 ·
The TL hates long wheelies, itll tell you real quick too.

#3 ·
:stupid

The TL engine is not for stunting or wheelies, spun rod bearings are a certain if you do.

#4 ·
Unless you like splitting cases :O. Short power on wheelies are ok, its the standup ones that get ya due to starving the front cylinder of oil.

#6 ·
see this is how it is on the GSXR as well, or atleast the 2-3 rod bearings become starved but its easily remidied by 1/2qt over serviced or the right way is a longer pickup tube for the oil pump. And dont take it as I am stunting it. I just know what will and may happen and figured od ask.

#8 ·
Hahahahaha! Yeah, it does great 5 mile standups. You will get into a groove.1 Do 5 mile wheelie,2 set down after loud ticking,3 put in back of truck, 4 replace motor,5 then repeat.... nah, but for real, they suck. I did a few long wheelies like that and now I'm replacing the motor. Takes out the rod bearings fast. D-aces modded their tl's up decent but that's a lot of work to do to a bike that's way more fun to just ride. Get a kawi to stunt, leave the tiller to impress people.

#9 ·
good info to know...but wasnt planning on doing wheelies on my tlr anyway...do what you do but wear your gear...:bash:burnout:doug:doug

#11 ·
sounds like a good price to me...good luck on buying the tlr...

#12 ·
tell that is about right , i bought a 1999 tl1000s just last week for 2500.00 cash but i got a loan for it. ... div.sale... bike was laid donw once.. it wasnt that bad.. seemed to be redone after crash i think.... has few more miles but under 3000 is a good deal if only has upper fairing damage that is 200-250 new side pieces and radiator is very exp.if you can not find a used one in good..shape sometimes hard too...!! check radiator see how bad it is.. rad.about 300 i think if i remember right is more then 200 new from dealer check it over good.. ask how fast going when crashed.. where.. what part of the bike hit the ground..good questions to ask

#13 ·
well he says 5mph, but ive been around the block. Upper and right side is damaged but maybe repairable... Rearset snapped off, and exhaust is trashed. But he said he will get the rearset repaired. Exhaust will be repainted with Cermic paint so that will be hidden and the clutch cover is beat up but I want a clear one anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.