TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
:yes mine are gold stock colour on my green 97 S < but I do think it's time for a different colour wheel ..thinking satin black

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
:yes mine are gold stock colour on my green 97 S < but I do think it's time for a different colour wheel ..thinking satin black
[HIJACKING Thread]
Sorry for hijacking....

Please, Pencon, check your Inbox messages.. You have a PM from me....... [/HIJACKING Thread]

Yeap... I agree that black is the color to go....

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I painted 3 set of wheels but always took apart the tryres. I used to powdercoat also the inside surface of the wheel. It's jsut an opinion but I think the paint last more with the tyres changes and is more difficult the paint on the wheels lips get scratch.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Inside to inside is the normal measurement I belive.

My '97 Green TLS came with tan/gold wheels, I swaped out for gunmetal GSXR600 wheels a half inch narrower (handles much better that way imho).

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
where do you measure, outside lip to outside or inside to inside?
OEM wheels have the size (width) stamped on one of the spokes

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Should have J17XMT6.00 DOT if it is a TL wheel. Prolly have J17XMT5.50 DOT.
I'll check the stamp tomorrow but I was out in the garage and just held a tape across the inside and they measure a little better than 6.5" out to out so I'm sure they are 6" inside. So they must have been painted at some point. What I am thinking about is black centers with polished lips, I have seen some like that that look great. now what I'm wondering is when people do that do they apply any kind of clear to the polished part to keep it from oxidizing? I've also got a D and D full system with the aluminum cans that could use a buffing but I,m sure I can't put anything on them due to the heat.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
I checked the stamp and they are 6" so they must have been painted.
...:no, they probably came off a TLR for some reason...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts