TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming home frome work fiday night i was going down the a38 pretty much flat out on my 2000 tl1000r and it started to die on me and a horrible noise came from the engine, i pulled the clutch in,hit the kill switch and coasted down to the nearest place i could stop.

went to start it to see where the sound was coming from and it sounded like a ducati so i turned it off straight away.

got it back to my house and decided to start it one more time to figure out what was making the noise, seems the engine is running fine and is still sounding sweet but the horrible ducati clunking noise is coming from the bottom of the bike towards the back making me think it was the gear box.

ive just been outside and tried it again and it goes into gear fine and feels nice and smooth.

anybody have an idea what could be making it sound this way

·
Banned
255 Posts
...maybe it's a Ducati with TL fairings........????? Just kidding, not a clue....:banghead

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesnt sound like the engine, more like the gearbox and ti doesnt change if i rev it or pull the clutch in.

could it be the timing belt?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
next step is check the oil...look at output shaft gears anything you can inspect without taking things apart...look for anything that doesnt belong...(metal in oil) loose items bolts and whatnot...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
From my reading, sounds like a spun bearing to me ... bad news dude. :no

I can't image what in the gearbox would do that. Its gotta be a spun bearing. Check your oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts