TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gday fellas (and lass's) i havent had the tlr on the road for over a year (slight problem with of not being able to find my license, or maybe someone took it).....

so what tyres are everyone using good and bad points,
ive heard the dunlop qualifiers are good but crappy wear rate etc.. and brigestone have a whole raft of new stickies :O

some help would be good coz i gotta get some fitted in a days time :)

the big bi**h is almost ready to go :banana

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Let me be the first to say Michelin Pilot Powers.
Very nice grip, even in the wet.
I've had mine for almost 5000 miles now and the front looks great. The rear is somewhat worn in the middle.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hmmmmm Avon Viper super sports......... Lurvely grip, plenty confidence in them. the wear rate is ok, I get about 1800 - 2000 out of a back tyre but thats cause I live in the country side with plenty of twisties for me to play on, and I aint exactly shy on the corners..... in saying that, I still think the mileage I get is bloody good for wha I do............

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Avon 45/46ST's here. I love them, but then my riding is mostly commuting.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Mich. Powers very good road tyres.....

With the first set I did close to 4000 km over 2500 miles . Front tyre last more than the rear , but I like to change the entire set...They long just a bit more than my old BT010 and the Michelin are far better than the bridgestone...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Strada, great wear and excellent grip dry, wet, cold or any combination
best tires I have ever owned

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Michelin Pilot Powers, go for the duel compound ones 2CT's:thumbup :bwtiller

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have the qualifier on my rear right now. mostly commute/cross country and ive gotten about 3500 out of it and still got a bit left. my front right now is a M3 sportec and ive gotten over 5500 miles on that and still good for a bit too. the dunlop is good on grip for the most part. i think im going to try the power pilots next.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I would say that the advise offered on here is quite irrelevant for you, each of us around the globe ride in different climates, a Diablo Corsa may be awesome over here but overheat in Oz.
I would localise your question to the Aussie forum:yes

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
I've got Avon Azaro's at the mo', good grip & wear-rate and the biz if you carry pillion a lot :hail

·
Registered
487 Posts
Pilot powers braugh especially if most of the riding you are doing in on the street. I've had many Dunlops in the past but now I am sold on the Pilot Powers. Amazing life and sticky too.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Metzler M3's. AM very happy with them so far.:) Don't know what I'll get for milage.:O

·
Registered
601 Posts
Corsa III's handled nicely yesterday running though the hills of Southern Indiana

·
Registered
379 Posts
BikePilot said:
Avon 45/46ST's here. I love them, but then my riding is mostly commuting.
I also do some spirited riding through the countryside and they hold up well. I've also been caught in the rain twice and the rear felt very solid.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cheers for the replies fellas, i was considering the pilot powers as i have heard they have a pretty good wear rate and very good grip (for my climate etc.etc.etc.blah)
so ill give em a shot i reckon until i hear more about the qualifiers

thanks for the replies

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Posh Johnny said:
I would say that the advise offered on here is quite irrelevant for you, each of us around the globe ride in different climates, a Diablo Corsa may be awesome over here but overheat in Oz.
I would localise your question to the Aussie forum:yes
I ran a set of Diablo Corsa's on the TLS before running the Supercorsa's. They were a brilliant tyre. (Not sure of mileage as I pulled them prematurely for a track day, but I did a track day on them with no problems).

So the Diablo Corsa's work OK in AU :thumbup (do they exist anymore? :dunno)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ran Dunlop 208's for about 6000kms.Very happy with them but apparently you can't get them anymore.I spoke to my dealer and he reckoned Qualifiers replaced 208's so thats what I've got on now.
They're brand new so I don't really know what they're like yet.They do feel a lot softer than the 208's,so I'm not expecting great life out of them.I've got a track day coming up in a couple of weeks and will let you know how they go after that.
:ytiller

1 - 20 of 21 Posts