TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about selling my 02 F4i for a TL1000R. Just wondering if you guys could direct me to where I could search for that?

I am sure somebody has asked that before so I am just trying to avoid getting flamed by asking. Thanks.

Vince

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Some of the things id look for is paint around the water pump that is gone or damaged, take a tool and loosen and tighten the oil plug, check around the battery and look at what you can see on the wire harness for any modifications that you might need to know about (not all are bad mind you) these would probably be bad things to look out for.

Modifications like suspension upgrades, brakes, exhaust, fuel, TRE are all very common on TL's. Repacking the exhaust buying a used bike is a good idea too. Rearsets custom bars and wheels are even common but usually get sold seperatly for more turn over.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
TL's are usually very bullet proof and well looked after. I tend to check area's other dont . Inside the swingarm and the little nooks and cranny's ... If they are clean and tidy then you can bet the rest of the bike is well cared for.
Usually its worth taking an extra set of eyes when looking at a bike.

Whatever you get your welcome here :bigfinger

:hail TLR's

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oooo

Building your own...?

Thats too buff for me. I would probably like to go to a Tech College before that.
BTW, know of any good schools to learn how to work on motorcycles?

Vince

1 - 11 of 11 Posts